style: technical death metal
tone: The Faceless (Akeldama), Aeon, Pestilence(Resurrection Macabre), and Fleshgod Apocalypse(Mafia)
^ not necessarely what I play, just the tone I like. The closer it is to Aeon and Pestilence, the better. But close to the Faceless works too. I want the extreme tech death tone.

So I tested out a peavey 6505+ 112 at a store today. It was nice, but I have to worry about volume(oh, if only I lived out in the country) and I don't feel like buying a good amp and sacrificing tone for the sake of others. I'm kind of tempted to start soundproofing my room. I'm curious if a POD X3 would do the trick or if I'm going to have to simply bite the bullet and go with the 6505+.

I'm open to suggestions; I just doubt that you can find a high gain tube amp that won't be too loud.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Last edited by ComradeIronMan at Jul 22, 2010,
6505's will be fine. I'm not sure what Aeon or Pestilence use, but the Faceless use Vetta's. The first version I think. How much were you looking to blow on an amp?
Aeon isn't TDM. But a 6505 will be good. Check out the Bugera 6262.

Can't help you much without a budget though..
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Vypyr Tube 60. It has a headphone jack.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I thought using headphones on a tube amp was a no-no.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Aeon isn't TDM. But a 6505 will be good. Check out the Bugera 6262.

Can't help you much without a budget though..

I don't play Aeon, I just like their tone a bit. I listed them because they have the extreme death metal tone. Fleshgod Apocalypse is another good example.

Budget is roughly 700 USD
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Quote by ComradeIronMan
I thought using headphones on a tube amp was a no-no.

Tube power amp.

Solid state preamp.

Headphone jack = no problem
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
It's a "no no" because most of them don't have a dedicated headphone jack. Usually when people ask about headphones and a tube amp they're asking if they can plug into the speaker out (which is a definite no without a converter)

The Vypyr Tubes have dedicated headphone jacks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Based on the responses, I take it that the Pod X3 won't cut it? (I didn't have a chance to test one out)

I'll look at the Vypyr and maybe see about soundproofing my room to prevent the family and neighbors from jumping about it.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Most amps have a volume knob.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Yes, you are extremely helpful. I've already made my point as to why I don't like getting huge amps only to play them low.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
youre either looking for an amp with a master volume, or an attenuator.

amps with these already on them, are mesa rectifier series(master volume), orange thunderverb(attenuator, if its not the thunder its the rocker that has the attenuator built in lol cant remember)
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.