Gibson Les Paul Standard.

Recently i found a LP standard at a second hand guitar shop for $2100, is this a good deal? it has a cherryburst finish
Depends. Les Paul prices can be all over the place. Some are as little as $900, some well above three grand. Details, man, we need details!

If it were me, it would have to be a damn good Standard.
details ....hmm well i only had a quick look, girlfriend wanted to get home. But it looked like an incredible guitar, not much use at all. I think he said the owner had it for a year. Sound, was only for a second, but it was incredible and sounded like it kicked my Epiphone's sound in the ass lol. seriously thats all the details i can deliver (i know its stupid)
You can get a great condition LP Standard on Craigslist forr 14-1800. Seems overpriced.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
$2100 for a second-hand production Standard is certainly overpriced. The new ones are what, $2300 or so? Less for the Traditional Pro (which is more like most people expect a Les Paul to be anyway). A second hand production Standard shouldn't be any more than $1700 really, and that would only be if it was in perfect condition with the original case.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
For a Gibson LP standard at a music store, what would you say is reasonable, i saw it for 5000$ AUS, last time i went in...but i got wierd about it because he tried to sell me a metronome for 100$...
Am i the only person who had the idea that this might be australian or canadian dollars?

$2100 AUS might be a reasonable price but i'm not entirely sure. that is, assuming you are actually in australia, and weren't randomly on holiday in australia when you saw the LP for $5000 AUS But if in doubt, have a look at places like ebay, and online stores, to compare brand new prices.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
In Canada it's $2600 for a brand new LP Standard. About $200 less in the States. So that's way too much for a used LP IMO. As mentioned by MrFLibble, if you're looking for an LP I'd consider the Traditional or Traditional Pro as well.
Moving on.....
Prices in Australia are always tremendously inflated, though. 2100 would be a bad price in the US or Canada, but a good deal in Australia. Ebay BIN on LP standards looks to be between 1800 and 4000 depending on condition.
I wouldn't know, seeing as I don't own one or anything, but I'm pretty sure that you could get a Les Paul studio for under around 1000-1200 dollars...maybe less? anyone have links?
EDIT: Yeah here is the Guitar Center link.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-100010154-i1149139.gc
I mean for this you could get a brand new instrument as opposed to a second hand one, and for the money your spending...
Hate Me.
Last edited by TheFunInFuneral at Jul 23, 2010,
Dude this is the third thread you've posted this same exact question in 2 days.....