Hi, everyone. So I'm coming up onto my birthday but I'm "not allowed" to get a new amp with the money that I have saved. So, I'm wondering if a speaker swap on a Vypyr 30 watt would "enhance" my sound at all?

I have stock speakers and my guitar is a Schecter C1 Hellraiser. EMG's.

Discuss please.

Early edit: I forgot to ask, what kinds of speakers are recommended? Lmfao.
the vypr as a modeling amp comes with a relatively flat response speaker. putting a guitar speaker in there that's voiced a specific way could mess things all the eff up.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
the vypr as a modeling amp comes with a relatively flat response speaker. putting a guitar speaker in there that's voiced a specific way could mess things all the eff up.

Nah, it comes with a Blue Marvel, which is what they have in the Classic 30... as far as I know the Blue Marvel isn't flat response.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
hmm mah bad! hmm...i wonder if a flat response speaker would actually help it sound better then. hmmmmmmmmm
is it experiment time?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Well, according to Musicians Friend, the speaker is a 12"? I don't know haha. And I forgot to mention, I play mostly heavier rock/metal with a few clean bits in between.

And to answer the question earlier, I'm not allowed to get a new amp because I promised my parents that the Vypyr would be the last amp I was gonna get for a while. So I'm stuck with it (Not complaining of course, just GAS'ing.)
its probably a bad idea, you might as well save up for the vypyr tube 60 Watt
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Is the 60 that good? I've been hearing mixed things about it. Some say that it's "barely different". The "tube purists", I suppose.

Others say that "the difference is huge". Hopefully just us regular people. I'm no audiophile, but I can tell that there's a bit of a difference based on youtube (which is really inaccurate haha).

So, since it's "part" tube, will the 60 respond to my EMG's better than the 30?
Well, the Vypyrs can take boosting on the front-end fairly well (I have a friend who uses a distortion pedal with his Vypyr 15, which isn't something you can do with most other SS amps) but the Tube 60 can only be better.

The louder the 60 gets the more apparent its differences to the SS versions become.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It's possible that the algorithms that make up the amp/cab models might be specific for that speaker- and swapping it out for something with a different response curve might throw it off.