Title says it all. Having my current guitar made me realize how much of a disdain I have for trems. My next guitar has to have a fixed bridge. Glad I got this whole "ZOMG EMGZ AND FLOYD ROSE" thing out of my system. I think I'm exclusively a fixed bridge man now. Too much maintenance and I don't really utilize divebombs enough for me to warrant all the headaches.

So what are some of the better guitars out there that have:

a) A fixed bridge

b) Not the conventional super-strat bodyshape

?

Thanks in advance
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Les Paul
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Les Paul

Silly me.

Around 1000USD give or take some

I realistically won't likely budge from around that range.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
les paul
edit:damn maybe a prs i mean esp always get those confused
Last edited by supersac at Jul 23, 2010,
Uh sorry guys one last thing. Passive pups only.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Uh sorry guys one last thing. Passive pups only.

you could switch them out if you want alot of stock pups suck anyway
Quote by supersac
you could switch them out if you want alot of stock pups suck anyway

Yeah I know but how the hell am I gonna switch out active pups and put passives in? I mean I could but think about how HUGE of a pain that'll be. I'd like for them to come with passives so this way it's easier for me to put in the passives of my choice.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
LTD Ec-401? its got terrible ESP passive pickups, so you might like that =p
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
i see you are using the nj jr v
i'm using the it jr v which has a fixed bridge and i replaced the pickups with sd jb & jazz and it's a really awesome guitar for metal, the best i had up to now
Quote by therosa69
LTD Ec-401? its got terrible ESP passive pickups, so you might like that =p

um that guitar haz emgs

get a Gibson Les Paul
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
Look up as many brands you want.
I'd recommend going to the local music store and trying out as many guitars you can, even the unpopular no-name ones.
Just get the one that "feels" the best, and fits within your budget.
If the guitar that u found feels good and all, and you think you can score it for cheap, then get it, and you can probably use the remaining money for stuff like new pickups, hardware, a professional set up, etc.
There are other possiblities between fixed and Floyd rose, there are also fender trems, wilkinson trems and you could even get into the diff's between a regular gibson set trem and a through body fixed trem. As far as the type of guitar you want what style do you prefer? With me it basically has to be a strat, no matter what the rest of the guitar looks like. I dont care about the trem, scale length, fretboard, etc. but it has to be a strat body. Also, it has to be a humbucker bridge or at least humbucker capable as in coil taps on a humbucker bridge, the rest could be whatever or even totally absent, though I would probably rather have a neck pickup than not.

I can assume you are heavy metal and haven't expressed a preference in body style except for non-super strat(does that mean strat bodies are a no-no?), so going with a new guitar that is not a fixer upper for a thousand or less that is mainly a metal guitar without a floyd or any other type of trem, I believe you said passive pickups so if you got an esp 400 series or 1000 series you could go for the seymour duncan pickups. You could get a schecter I believe with seymour duncans and I guess you would want at least the sh-59 combo for a hot rodder.

A couple of guitars I think are nice are the bc rich asm pro, you could get it without emg's and a fixed bridge, it does have a though neck body and is alder which is my preference as well as an ebony fretboard which is also my preference. There are a couple of esp's and jackson's you could also get, I think it would help to know more about what you are really looking for.

So body shape, preferred manufacturer, body wood, fretboard wood, pickup configuration desired, neck joint and other preferences. You should be able to get a pretty good non-floyd guitar for under a thousand, you could even get a fender american standard with a humbucker bridge if you want something a little more versatile, probably not much in the way of a gibson except for a sg or les paul studio for maybe 800 or so.
Last edited by bwalls2 at Jul 23, 2010,
I'm of the opinion that there really aren't "best guitars for metal", there are only "best amps for metal". The guitar is mainly just personal preference - whatever works for the individual player. The amp decides what that guitar will sound like.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
actually Epiphone Prophecy GX guitars have Dirty Fingers pups

Really it comes down to personal preference: how hot the pups are, scale length, fret height, neck radius... Metal guitars aren't so easy to categorize once you get out of the Vs and RGs.

EDIT: ^ agreed dude. Through my VTM I can get a heavy tone out of my lipstick tube equipped Danelectro FFS !
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 23, 2010,