Indubitably.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
I guess?
My grades haven't made too much of an effect on my life yet though.
My greatest achievement grade-wise would be my ACT score which has nothing to do with my A's.
I never got straight A's, I spent my elementary through high school career not caring about my education. I'd probably do it again if I had the chance.
I get pretty straight A's, and I get disappointed when I don't get them. I don't know what TS is talking about though.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Joshua1207
You don't feel like your life is sweet?

Well it's cool that all the teachers like me, and that I don't have to worry about failing, and that pretty much everyone wants to cheat off of me. But it doesn't effect my personal happiness, especially when school is not in session, like now.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I have a diploma, they same ****ing piece of paper you'll get with straight A's.

And I got it without effort, without trying, and with a LOT of F's and D's.

Teachers liked me, the one's I liked anyway. I was smart, and could get away with not showing up for class 50% of the time.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 23, 2010,
Troll?

If not, serious answer time. Life's not just about academics, TS. I'd choose to have a B average and have a social life, be involved with sports, play an instrument, have time for myself to go fishing and hiking than be a straight A student but sacrifice all the aforementioned things. I'm sure most employers and universities feel the same way as well.

*reported for the benefit of the doubt*
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
Troll?

If not, serious answer time. Life's not just about academics, TS. I'd choose to have a B average and have a social life, be involved with sports, play an instrument, have time for myself to go fishing and hiking than be a straight A student but sacrifice all the aforementioned things. I'm sure most employers and universities feel the same way as well.

*reported for the benefit of the doubt*

How is this trolling at all?

And you can do all of those things with straight A's too.
Where would straight A's have eventually gotten me?

Well, probably working some bullshit job I don't like living in some suburban neighborhood with some family thats perfect in every way. That would be ****ing boring.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Where would straight A's have eventually gotten me?

Well, probably working some bullshit job I don't like living in some suburban neighborhood with some family thats perfect in every way. That would be ****ing boring.

Sounds like you accidentally pressed the A button instead of F
Well **** social life. I have friends, but I don't put them ahead of anything. I don't have to study too much, really just hearing in class or looking at it will help me. I don't struggle. If you can do it, why not? I do agree that the point is to learn, not to compete for an "A", but I can get it, so why not? It makes me feel like I am learning something. I won't purposly fail to be someone's idea of cool. But I really don't like the extremely nerdy people who are hell-bent on school and grades. But I refuse to concentrate on a "social life" mainly because all of the kids in my school are dicks. You guys must have some great friends to throw away your learning for them. You only short changed yourselves.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Quote by Pencil Man
Well **** social life. I have friends, but I don't put them ahead of anything. I don't have to study too much, really just hearing in class or looking at it will help me. I don't struggle. If you can do it, why not? I do agree that the point is to learn, not to compete for an "A", but I can get it, so why not? It makes me feel like I am learning something. I won't purposly fail to be someone's idea of cool. But I really don't like the extremely nerdy people who are hell-bent on school and grades. But I refuse to concentrate on a "social life" mainly because all of the kids in my school are dicks. You guys must have some great friends to throw away your learning for them. You only short changed yourselves.

Finally someone understands what I'm trying to say.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Yeah, you're ****ing trolling. GTFO my Pit.

I still don't understand how this is trolling. Why can't anyone here take a thread serious. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its trolling.
Yeah if you wanna be a virgin for the rest of your life.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Or he's a ****ing retard.

The grading system is flawed, it is neither an accurate representation of effort nor intelligence.

Straight A's will get you absolutely no where, maybe a scholarship or two, but do you know how many straight A try hards there are? Like pissing in the ocean.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 23, 2010,
Now what I meant is that it is not wrong to get straight As. I have lots of friends, and I have straight A's. School sucks, so you might as well make your time there meaningful. You just might learn something. I don't try for straight As. I'm just don't want to be disappointed in myself for the rest of my life. The career I want, I don't need college, but I still keep some standards.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

If this thread is so serious, why not have an open minded discussion about it instead of just telling everyone they should be straight A students? If I can maintain a B average and not push my friends to the curb in order to get the same piece of paper everyone else does at the end of high school, why wouldn't I? I still got accepted into the schools I wanted to and after high school, those grades don't count worth shit basically. I'm perfectly, perfectly happy with my life at the moment and I don't get straight As
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
If this thread is so serious, why not have an open minded discussion about it instead of just telling everyone they should be straight A students? If I can maintain a B average and not push my friends to the curb in order to get the same piece of paper everyone else does at the end of high school, why wouldn't I? I still got accepted into the schools I wanted to and after high school, those grades don't count worth shit basically. I'm perfectly, perfectly happy with my life at the moment and I don't get straight As

You get a better sense of accomplishment with straight A's, better college, and etc. Sure you got accepted into the school you wanted, but you could of gotten into an even better one.
Having straight A's (Or straight 8-10's where I live) sucks. Mainly because people just get jealous and it's annoying. I sometimes have to try and make some mistakes or smth on purpose to get a not so good grade just so people wouldn't hate me afterwards.
Quote by stratkat

Straight A's will get you absolutely no where,

Except grad school >_>

Also I haven't pushed aside a social life and have made three Bs in my entire life. One in fourth grade, one in ninth grade, one in my first semester at uni. So to that argument.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by Shinami
Having straight A's (Or straight 8-10's where I live) sucks. Mainly because people just get jealous and it's annoying. I sometimes have to try and make some mistakes or smth on purpose to get a not so good grade just so people wouldn't hate me afterwards.

Don't you love it when people are jealous? Just shows how much better you are than them. At least then you know you may of made an impact with them trying to do better themselves from jealously.
Quote by Shinami

Fuck those people. You shouldn't have to dumb yourself down to be accepted.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Shinami

You fail sir.

Hatred is temporary. Education is forever.
Quote by Joshua1207
You get a better sense of accomplishment with straight A's, better college, and etc. Sure you got accepted into the school you wanted, but you could of gotten into an even better one.

I got accepted into Elon University, #1 Business school in the Southern United States and #6 in the entire United States. And guess what I'm studying there? Business. All that without straight As.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by Greenday4537
You fail sir.

Hatred is temporary. Education is forever.

No I do not fail. If I am able to lets say answer something correctly, means I have learned it and can apply it or whatever.

Also, it's not about acceptance. The thing is, when you get a good grade they immediately think that I consider myself to be better people then they are. It's just how it is.

Okay maybe I phrased it wrong, it's not like I get a good grade and everyone shuns me off to the corner calls me an asshole or whatnot. I just can see it from their face that they are jealous and discouraged. I don't do jack shit at all. I don't do my homework, during lessons all I do is watch at the clock and wait for the lesson to end, yet I get the best grades, and It's discouraging for the others. People still like me.
Last edited by Shinami at Jul 23, 2010,
Page 1 of 2