I have a 90's 4x12 Randall Cab and I really hate the speakers. Whats the best speaker upgrade I could do on this cab for under 300?

I'm very much into vintage cleans and tight crisp sounds.
Last edited by Funk Monk at Jul 23, 2010,
What do you hate about the speakers? Too trebly, too hot?

I think you could find a decent cab used for $300 that would be more suited to your ears.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
What do you hate about the speakers? Too trebly, too hot?

I think you could find a decent cab used for $300 that would be more suited to your ears.

Way too hot and treble-ish.

I can get the tone I want from it to get by the day, but I really would like something that just sounds tighter with clarity like a blank canvas.
Last edited by Funk Monk at Jul 23, 2010,
You could buy a new Avatar Cab with V30's or a used Marshall 1960A for that price and flip the one you have now
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
You could buy a new Avatar Cab with V30's or a used Marshall 1960A for that price and flip the one you have now

Good Idea Man, Great Idea.

How does the that Avatar with V30's stack up to a Marshall 1960A cab?
I found one loaded with Vintage 30's for an awesome price. I haven't really had much experience with these speakers, will they be too hot? I mean if it's punchy cleans then i'm all for it.
Well I'm no expert on speakers but Vintage 30's are known for punchy middy cleans. They also have a very tight and heavy low end. From memory I think they are hot but not over the top hot, so they should be a lot better. You should probably try before you buy.
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator