So I've heard of a guitar. I've heard of a bass guitar. I've even heard of a baritone guitar. Recently, I've discovered tenor guitars.

This sparked my curiosity.

What is the 'plain' guitar considered? An alto guitar?

Are there more guitar variations besides these?

Has anyone played a tenor guitar? If so, whats it like? (The tuning, feel, etc.)
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I did not know there were as many guitars as there are saxes. Wat.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

... it seems I started a thread during a troll invasion.

feck
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Actually, the "regular" guitar is technically called the Hawaiian guitar, a name that was dropped around the 1930's IIRC.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by hahaokayman
Electric Guitars, Acoustic Guitars.

Like, common sense goes a long way.

Thanks troll, that's not even what I was asking.

And a real thanks to Frustrated and L2.
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
Pics?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I saw a gig where this guy played a soprano guitar. 'Twas pretty cool, but I forgot the name of the guy
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
Would a tenor guitar and a bass uke be the same thing? Because that is a tenor guitar
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
hmm interesting.
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!