So I decided that Im gonna get a VM and jazz and mod it up into a [even more] beautiful little bass.

i was looking at badass II and hipshots, what are the advantages/disatvantages of both. Any other bridges I should be looking at? and lastly would it be worth it to convert it to a string through?
no sir away a papaya war is on
gotoh 201. amazing, and cheapish
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Gotoh 201 is the best value replacement bridge. Things like Hipshot's or Schaller's are going to require a little extra drilling, just FYI.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I've got no problem with drilling. and Im gonna try and make this the best bass I can over time. I'm getting the VM as opposed to a MIM or a MIA for looks mostly.
Gotoh 201. I swear by mine. It jumps from project to project all the time.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I see badass IIs more often... but i would also throw a Gotoh 201 on one if i had it.

I've seen a couple string through VM Jazzes... but that's ALWAYS been done by very skilled luthiers.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
making a guitar string through wouldn't be hard to do at all. its just a whole drilled through the body wit two diameters and a furel on one end.
The Gotoh is a fine bridge and Fender's Vintage High Mass bridge is essentially a copy of it. The Badass II is legendary, and deservedly so. If you choose the Badass, if at all possible get the Badass II (2) version. It has grooves cut into the string saddles, unlike the standard Badass II. You have to cut your own grooves in those saddles.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
so badass II are better than the gotoh 201 but twice as much. would you say that the BAII is worth the extra 50 if Im going for my end all be all 4 string or is it more of a robots can detect the sustain difference kinda thing?
I never thought the BAII's were really worth it. The Gotoh is perfectly fine, its cheaper, and if you ever decide to put an ashtray bridge cover on, you'll be able to fit it with the Gotoh.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
well I don't really plan on putting an ashtray on it, but the BAII is a lot more for a little improvement over a 201? hmm good to know, can anyone back him up on this?
Quote by the_perdestrian
so badass II are better than the gotoh 201 but twice as much. would you say that the BAII is worth the extra 50 if Im going for my end all be all 4 string or is it more of a robots can detect the sustain difference kinda thing?

Many bassists swear that the Badass bridge not only improves sustain but also improves tone. Jeff Berlin has often said he won't use any other bridge, and Geddy Lee likes the Badass II so much he even stuck one on his Rickenbacker 4001. In the end, it is going to be up to you. A few Fenders such as the Geddy Lee, the Marcus Miller and the Highway One all come stock with the Badass II, so find one at your local music shop and play it. See what you think.

Either the Gotoh or the Badass (or the Hipshot, for that matter) will serve you well. All three are found on some very high-end custom basses.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I really have crap options when it comes to bass's in my area. so I will probably wait a while untill I can make it up to a bigger city to check at guitar centers or something up there.