So after some browsing on eBay, I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Alexi-600-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ250668086026QQcategoryZ33034QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6927285924298269580#ht_500wt_1154

I have a feeling that it's a fake though. The truss rod cover does say Alexi-600, but truss rod covers are changed easily. The body looks to be flat gloss black, and from what I've seen, every Alexi-600 has pinstripes of some sort. However, the owner could have painted over it. The fretboard looks to be rosewood, and rosewood fretboards are only Alexi-200's. I guess I could be wrong, and it might just be a bad picture. You can't really see the bridge on it, and if you were able to, then I could see if it's an LFR or a Floyd Rose 1000 series bridge. The cutout looks pretty nill too, and unless it's a wayyy older model, then I have the smoking gun. So, what does UG think? Is this a somewhat modded Alexi 200, or am I completely wrong?

TL;DR: The thing looks fake, but I'm not %100 sure. What do you think?
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
looks legit to me
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
hmm... I personally wouldn't trust it.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
I can see the pinstripes in the first picture. Also, ask him for more pictures of the cutaway and the Floyd Rose if they look fishy. The FR seems weirdly positioned the fourth picture, but I think that's just a bad picture. Did you notice he seems to have strung it backwards too?
Quote by RR3tran
I can see the pinstripes in the first picture. Also, ask him for more pictures of the cutaway and the Floyd Rose if they look fishy. The FR seems weirdly positioned the fourth picture, but I think that's just a bad picture. Did you notice he seems to have strung it backwards too?

Even if you can see pinstripes, the rest of the guitar is still gloss black, which is not typical for an Alexi-600. And it's not strung backwards. Examine the picture a little moar, and you'll see it's a reversed shot, since the floyd is also reversed
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

On second thought, maybe it is the new Blacky model. I still cant see the stripes myself, but it's a possibility. Just ask the guy if you could maybe get some more pics of the guitar.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22
On second thought, maybe it is the new Blacky model. I still cant see the stripes myself, but it's a possibility. Just ask the guy if you could maybe get some more pics of the guitar.

I looked at the American site, and there's no new model. I looked at the japanese site....No dice. And i'll ask for moar pics
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

Quote by simpleben09
I looked at the American site, and there's no new model. I looked at the japanese site....No dice. And i'll ask for moar pics

My bad. I should have said "maybe its a Blacky model". I know it isn't exactly brand new, but it is newer.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by lepermessiah22 at Jul 23, 2010,
I was talking about the silver bevels, but I forgot Alexi-600's all have a pinstriped pattern on the front.

On another note, the fine tuners' location on the bridge in the first picture indicate that's it definitely not an LFR.
As far as I can see, It doesn't look like any of the models on the website, I don't think there are any pinstripes on it. I think the neck atleast is real, since the Alexi-200 doesn't have a signature on the headstock. Then again I'm not sure the fret colour matches up.

Ask for more pictures, from the pics I'd say it was a fake. Asking on the ESP forums is your best bet I think.
"emg-hz f-h2 ACTIVE pickup?"

I lol'd

I'm not sure you should trust this one. Of course if and since there's a serial number you could ask him to confirm it's an alexi-600.
Correct me if I'm terribly wrong, but isn't that the way it works? Send the manufacturer an e-mail and ask.
I hate supersized Kartoffels
the only bevels that came in a black color is yellow beveled pinstripes
the new black models come with double pinstripes which are black (darker than finish)
Quote by lepermessiah22
My bad. I should have said "maybe its a Blacky model". I know it isn't exactly brand new, but it is newer.

Impossible. The Blacky has an extended cutaway, whereas this ebay guitar does not
I have never seen an Alexi model with a color scheme like that. Its never existed.

Everything else looks ok, but I would still try to find out serial number or what model he says it is.

And about the EMG-H2 being active. The PU isn't active but it may have active circuitry like his real sig guitar does.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
the guitar in pic one and two is different to the one in three and four..

or am i blind

:/
i'm Ginger its fun
Wouldn't trust that one if I were you, the Alexi 600 I know has its corners colored yellow, purpel-ish or black (when the body is white). The one for sale is an Alexi 200 I think...
Quote by Sparky-MMA
the guitar in pic one and two is different to the one in three and four..

or am i blind

:/

It's the same guitar in all pics.

The one is a weird angle and the other is reversed.

The only thing telling me this may not be an Alexi 600 is the colors on it. Unless he had it repainted.

Everything else looks fine....at least as far as I can tell from the pics.

The seller also has 100% positive feedback..if that makes a difference at all to you.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Maybe you should ask for more pictures and post them here, if seller refuses, then its another good reason for not buying it, the instrument as something not right with it... maybe it's just me though
Ask for a picture of the neck joint, if it's neck thru then I'm pretty sure its definately not an Alexi 200. Also ask if he made any modifications on the guitar.
Quote by zincabopataurio
Ask for a picture of the neck joint, if it's neck thru then I'm pretty sure its definately not an Alexi 200. Also ask if he made any modifications on the guitar.

This.
You can see in the last picture that it is a neck through...if it were bolt on you would be able to see the bolt on plate in the last picture.

Also, the Alexi 200's don't have his signature on the headstock, only the 600's or better do and all of those are neck thru

But I would still ask for better pics and serial number, also ask why the bevels are white or silver...whatever they are.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
It has bevels....? I thought all Alexi 600's have stripes,even the blacky. And blacky has a matte finish. Definitely needs more pics to be sure..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jul 23, 2010,
Well, he sent me this:

Dear simpleben09,

I can't, these pictures are a few weeks old and I don't have a camera to use anymore. I'll see if I can get ahold of one, but most likely I can't. Just check out any alexi-600 on a web site, it's the same thing. Nothing on this guitar has been modified. The bridge, pickup and fretboard are all in excellent shape.

- mtucker91

So I really smell bullshit now.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

With a reaply like that tell him to **** off.

If he can't provide better info or pics that he is obviously hidding something.

I know if I were the seller I would have pics available to anyone interested so that I could sell it ASAP.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Fake, obviously not the blacky either. The blacky doesn't have a gloss finish but it has a sparkly satin kinda of finish. Another obvious point are the inlays, black has black pearl inlays not white... Even if the guitar is a neck thru NON of Alexi's sig has a black gloss and black pinestripes.
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Jul 26, 2010,