I'm thinking of getting a Jackson RR5.

What I want in the guitar is:

-V shaped body
-two pickups (active or passive, doesnt matter)
-string thru (non locked bridge)
-preferably set-thru or neck-thru but a bolt-on wouldn't kill me if I had to get one
-preferably 24 frets but I could live with 22

The RR5 has all of those except 24 frets and is about in the price/quality range I'm looking for.

I also am seeing the JS30RR that has everything I need except that it's a bolt-on neck and probably a bit lesser grade of quality than I want. It also seems to be discontinued.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks.
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Jul 23, 2010,
Yeah, that seems to be the best choice. There's the rr24 and the alexi laiho sig, but those are both missing the neck pup. Personally I'd take 22 frets over a missing neck pup any day. I remember having the same problem when i was looking for a new guitar. I decided to skip the V shape altogether though, because it's uncomfortable to play.

Actually, I'd recommend getting a Carvin V.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 23, 2010,
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-Signature-VMNT-Electric-Guitar?sku=514043

This Mustaine looks pretty slick, it's got 24 frets, active pickups, and it's string thru. I've heard a few things about Dean's quality so I don't know how it would compare to a Jackson Rhoads.

I would probably still go for the rhoads since the shape is awesome and Randy is my favorite player!

Edit: Maybe this too. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-V1-Electric-Guitar?sku=520217

EDIT 2: Don't get that one if you were to get a schecter ^^^ get this one. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Blackjack-ATX-V1-Electric-Guitar?sku=484203
The one I suggested before had weak ass EMG 81/89TW's. I love EMG's, but the coil splittable ones suck. It sounds weaker than the normal EMG 81/85s. And no I didn't have the coil split engaged, i'm not a n00b.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jul 23, 2010,
The RR is sweet, but it is 100% a 1-trick pony. If all you play is metal, it'd be perfect.
you could look for a used rr1t
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Right now I'm somewhat considering the Agile Reaper as well as a used RR1T. I guess I should've mentioned that I really don't like the look of King V shapes =/ So I guess that really narrows my choices a lot eh?

About the Reaper, it kind of looks like it has terrible upper fret access, making it a pain to reach 24th =/ Anyone have thoughts on that?

And I'm wondering just how low I could find a used RR1T for. Do you think it's possible to get it for under 1k?

And yeah I am pretty much all about metal or sounding metal when playing guitar.
I would check out a Jackson KV. It's more or less the the same as an rr, but with a different body shape and 24 frets
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
I would check out a Jackson KV. It's more or less the the same as an rr, but with a different body shape and 24 frets

He said he does not like the look of King V's.
Quote by webwarmiller

That actually seems like a really good possibility. The Carvin Ultra V, eh? I didn't think I'd like the look of the longer lower horn but the more I look at this guitar the more it's kinda growing on me. I probably still like the look of the RR a bit more, but...

I really quite like the look of this V220. Is there a hardtail version? Damn.