ok so im joining a band and I need a really loud amp. Im not to worried about the amp sound itself as for now i'll be using a digitech rp90 for most of my tones. Also my budget is really thin ($300) . so doing an online search I found these :

Behringer GMX212 2 x 60-Watt Stereo Guitar Amplifier

Raven RG100 100W 2x12 Guitar Combo Amplifier

My question is, what is the difference between between a 100W 2x12 and a 2x60W(per side) ?
the difference is 20 watts i believe.

but seriously, those options are pretty dank.

what part of earth are you on? nearest major city...

what tones are you going after?

look used if you can, the end results can be much better.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The amp that you choose will change the tone of your digitech.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
so your saying the Beringer is actually a 120 watt amp ? why the distinction then of a 2x60W per sides ?

used might be an option...
and of course the amp will change my digitech tone only if im not careful ( not exactly my first rodeo in this dept. ) but thats what thirty day return policy's are for
Quote by mojosnake
so your saying the Beringer is actually a 120 watt amp ? why the distinction then of a 2x60W per sides ?

used might be an option...
and of course the amp will change my digitech tone only if im not careful ( not exactly my first rodeo in this dept. ) but thats what thirty day return policy's are for

nearest major city?

what tones are you going after?

echo echo...
colorado springs colorado ...

tones .... my rp90 gives me the tones ... blues , modern rock, and all things metal
gear:bc rich asm 1 (piece of crap , great neck)
laguna 400qt (better than some ibenez's )
so it a 120 watt amp? as this is more my question?
Quote by gregs1020
but seriously, those options are pretty dank.

Where I come from, dank is a good thing. I.E. "Dank buds brah"

We still don't know what kind of tones you are after. Can we get some bands, and specific songs even?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I don't think specific bands or songs are necessary, he seems to be pretty dead set on using that pedal to achive all those killer tones he's been dreaming about... As for amp, why not just get a power amp and a cab instead of a solid state amp that you're not even going to utilize?
Quote by mojosnake
everybody missed the question .......
uhg....

No, you're too dense to listen to any of our answers and/or answer any of our questions.
meh .... it just the head ...see then i need more $$$$ for a cab ... still sweet though
Quote by Ascendant
No, you're too dense to listen to any of our answers and/or answer any of our questions.

is the beringer really a 120watt amp?
Quote by mojosnake
is the beringer really a 120watt amp?

i think it's more like 2, 60 watts amps. does not seem like 120 watts.

and in any case, at this price level, any high watt, solid state amp is going to have
cheesy speakers.
so pushing max volumes will distort/fizz the amp's tone.

if possible, like said already, i really suggest used.

barring that, at this price, for shear volume,
i'd consider a randall solid state combo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by mojosnake
meh .... it just the head ...see then i need more $$$$ for a cab ... still sweet though

ROFL, don't fail!
Quote by jj1565
i think it's more like 2, 60 watts amps. does not seem like 120 watts.

and in any case, at this price level, any high watt, solid state amp is going to have
cheesy speakers.
so pushing max volumes will distort/fizz the amp's tone.

if possible, like said already, i really suggest used.

barring that, at this price, for shear volume,
i'd consider a randall solid state combo.

thank you ...this was straight to the point ... and more importantly answered the only real question I asked ... again thank you
Quote by mojosnake
excuse me ?
What I am trying to say, is that Carvin sounds like a hell of a deal. I would personally look for things to sell, cut corners on, or any small jobs to do for some extra cash so you can afford that amp and some cheaper cabinet.
your welcome.

it's a steal and you wouldn't need that pedal ever again.
I wonder if he is going to get the Carvin and put up with not having a cab for a month or two...
my soul sooooo screams for the carvin ... I mean Im not stupid , I played through tubes before...WOW!!! It just I need something quick and I cant make people wait for a month or two while they rehearse and I wait for a cab....man that carvins nice....
AND
I did find Randall RG 100 SC g2 2x12 ON EBAY for $279 (used)
I'm thinking this will fullfil my needs for the time being...yes I'll always regret not buying the carvin ....
ima get a flight from england to colorado and kick your ass if you don't buy the damn carvin jk

but seriously buy it
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!