Is there a problem changing the tuning back and forth with a floyd/tremolo? Probably I won't be able to do it with just the fine tuners, so I'll have to unscrew the locking nut and go from there.Thanks
Last edited by symba05 at Sep 20, 2010,
Wait... is the band doing some songs in standard, and some half-step down, or is it all songs will be half step down?

if it's all songs, then all you have to do is re-tune twice a week, that's not too bad.

If it's just some songs, then that is a pain. The way I've always dealt with that situation is to switch guitars.
Quote by SEALSniper1152
Wait... is the band doing some songs in standard, and some half-step down, or is it all songs will be half step down?

if it's all songs, then all you have to do is re-tune twice a week, that's not too bad.

If it's just some songs, then that is a pain. The way I've always dealt with that situation is to switch guitars.

All the songs are in Eb. Yeah, another guitar is a good idea but for now this is all I can do
I Buddy of mine Who play's in a band told me they tune down a half step. So I thought I would give it a try on my Semi Hollow with 10's on it . I could not believe how much easier it is to do bend's and play it by only going down that half step.

Now I keep my Strat in standard and the AS-73 in the 1/2 step down tuning.
dngrsdave

Heavy Metal Thunder
you will probably be able to do it with the fine tuners. they have a range of around a tone, so if you bridge is set up nicely you should be able in theory go down to Eb and up to F (why you'd want to go to F is beyond me but its there)

won't do any damage to the bridge though
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA
you will probably be able to do it with the fine tuners. they have a range of around a tone, so if you bridge is set up nicely you should be able in theory go down to Eb and up to F (why you'd want to go to F is beyond me but its there)

won't do any damage to the bridge though

Actually I just tried and the only string I manage to lower half a step was the thicker 6th string. But my fine tuners were in the middle position (I usually adjust them to the middle when I play in standard if I need to sharp or flat an out of tune string).
Another option for you would be to keep the guitar tuned to Eb and then use a capo at the first fret when you want to play in E.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard