Alright I just picked up a Seymour duncan 59 for my bridge position, My strat is an '01 and the pots haven't been replaced at all, I've done 1 pickup change and now this one I figured its time for new pots.

So today I'm installing the 59 and leaving the 2 single coils, which are lace sensor golds. I'm wondering which tone/volume pots (250k,500k) and capacitor I should be looking to get. I've been told .22 and .47 for capacitor and same for the pots. The few diagrams Ive found say .22 and 250k, can anyone verify?
Not to hijack the thread, but i've been wondering a similar thing for the same setup (HSS Strat) - would it be alright to switch the second tone pot only (bridge pickup tone control) to a 500k and keep the other two (volume, and neck/middle tone atm) as 250k?
It's best to get someone that's professional in installing pickups and stuff. You don't really want to mess it up and end up spending more money on equipment.
its a single conductor humbucker too btw, wouldn't 500k pots make the single coils highs ear piercing? just wondering
Fender tend to use 250k pots in their American Standard HSS guitars. I've just fitted S1 wiring to a HSS configuration in my strat, and the parts list is all 250k for the pots.

It sounds just fine to me. Fender's support doc is here, the pots are parts 13,14 and 15

http://support.fender.com/diagrams/stratocaster/0117100_02A/SD0117100_02APg3.pdf

So does the Seymour Duncan wiring diagram

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1h_2s_1v_2t_5w

EDIT:

Quote by zakarai
It's best to get someone that's professional in installing pickups and stuff. You don't really want to mess it up and end up spending more money on equipment.

There is absolutely no reason not to fit pickups yourself, as long as you know one end of a soldering iron from the other, it's a very simple process.
Last edited by mark_wuk at Jul 23, 2010,
Yeah, 250k is standard for single coils, 500k for humbuckers, normally HSS uses 250k The higher value the pot, the brighter it will sound, with a more noticeable effect on the volume knob. The higher value of cap, the more highs are sent to ground (and thus not heard).

And because now the thread has had it's answer and these threads really need to be in the Ultimate Wiring Thread, I'm *reporting* it for close.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA