Do you?

I'm not sure how to explain it, but I feel like it's my mission to do something great in life, I just don't know what it is, or how to accomplish it.

It feels as if...I need to catch a train that I know is leaving soon, but I can't find the platform in this huge station and the anxiety of not catching it on time is overwhelming.

Anyone else feel like this, or am I getting paranoid?

Cheers Pit.
I do feel like I want to make a difference in the world somehow, and I don't know how yet, but I don't really feel anxious about it. It's just a goal.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Nah man, yer no paranoid.

I kinda know what you mean. It's difficult to explain.

You working?
Sometimes accomplishing something small is accomplishing something great.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I know what you mean. What I learned this summer is that by working steady and doing little things that make life better for those around you and yourself, well, if you just do that and make it your goal to have a good life, and help those around you do the same thing, you're gonna accomplish a great thing, peaceful existence. Really, is there anything more than that to want in life?
"A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to"
I hope that helps, TS.

edit: v see?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Last edited by damian_91 at Jul 23, 2010,
No, I've realized that even if I do accomplish something great, people are just going to forget about it a few generations down the line and nobody is going to remember me anyway. So why bother really?

WIZ?EDIT: ^Yeah, I meant to post right under you
Last edited by wizards? at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by sglover34479
I know what you mean. What I learned this summer is that by working steady and doing little things that make life better for those around you and yourself, well, if you just do that and make it your goal to have a good life, and help those around you do the same thing, you're gonna accomplish a great thing, peaceful existence. Really, is there anything more than that to want in life?
+1. You can accomplish the most out of the smallest things. You don't have to end world hunger to make a difference. Although if you could, that would be cool too.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
^Exactly, and by being a helpful person it wears off and if we all did it, we would end world hunger, you just have to get enough people working at it. It's not about doing the work of a hundred men, TS. It's about pulling your weight on this earth and not leeching and making the world a worse place for your having existed.

Quote by wizards?
No, I've realized that even if I do accomplish something great, people are just going to forget about it a few generations down the line and nobody is going to remember me anyway. So why bother really?

As an example here, look at Jesus. Even if you don't believe him to be God, it's almost universally recognized that he was a good man who helped many people and taught very good ideas on peaceful living and general ways to live better lives. That was 2000 years ago.

See what I mean about lots of little things adding up to a great thing that is remembered?
Last edited by sglover34479 at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by wizards?

great things are harder to achieve right? that means it's more fun because it's more challenging... there is less point in doing smaller things than in doing bigger, greater things.

(and yes I feel like I have to accomplish "something great")
Last edited by SheKILaDZE at Jul 23, 2010,
Good answers guys.

So, would you say that setting up these great expectations for yourself is a sure way to hit disappointment or depression? I mean sure, you could do something good, something great, or nothing at all. I'd like to take these sort of expectations out of my head, but I just can't do it.