I am wondering if this is a good buy and if there are any things I should know before buying, are there alternatives that would be cheaper?
Would it work with a bass?
Is it good for a beginner who is on a tight budget?
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
E|5 Only Gingers and Dempsey can use!
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia We pledge our SPF Ging to thee
I was looking at this pedal and was lucky enough to have one in the local store, it's fun and takes a fair bit of use to get proffecient with it, but the effect it has is great, it really comes in handy when my teacher wants to jam but also wants to evaluate my playing as he can play then loop his part and I then play over it.

HELLO!

Just picked one up a few weeks ago. Addicting little unit and a great practice tool that can actually be used live if you know what you're doing. Overall I love it.

The only thing I dislike about it is volume level of the tempo portion (simple midi drum kit basically). It's either off or too loud when you try to tweak the volume level of it, which is separate from the volume of the loop and your instrument. I have to basically turn the dial so lightly to probably 0.5 out of 10 to get it to a minimum, which is even too loud to me at the level I play my guitar at when practicing. Going from 0.5 to 1 or 2 is like going from 2 to 10 on your amps volume. Maybe it's just not working properly. /shrug
As a noob I'll probably go with this one
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
E|5 Only Gingers and Dempsey can use!
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia We pledge our SPF Ging to thee