hey guys i just wanted to ask what kind of bass strings should i get because im unsure which strings are for what type of music... i play METAL rock punk etc. you know heavy stuff, what strings do you guys recomend????
flat wounds are amazing. and elixir is good for guitar not sure if they make bass but if they do, try to find elixir flat wounds. or just elixir.
Ernie Ball hybrid slinkies?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I mainly play metal too, I use Elixir and think they're fantastic, very good tone and feeling, and you can use them for many months!
Rotosound Swing 66s.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Most un-answerable question i have yet seen. Go out and buy a couple of sets of strings and see what you like. Any string can do for anything. Its how you apply it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
can't go wrong with Rotosound Swing 66
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by fatgoogle
Most un-answerable question i have yet seen. Go out and buy a couple of sets of strings and see what you like. Any string can do for anything. Its how you apply it.

Buying a couple of sets of bass strings is quite expensive.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
So then just order a load of a strings of the interent for however much stick them on see which feels best and gives you a good sound. Then buy that set and see if it does the job. If not start again.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Lazarus.Bird
I use D'Addario XL nickel wounds. I've never had a reason to try anything else since.

came to post.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
1. find artist that sounds good no matter what bass hes got
2. see what strings hes swinging
3. buy a pair
4. if you dont like those strings, repeat.

alternatively, rotosound is sexy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
If your in Australia get some Warwick: Reds, I usually get Dunlop's for around $60 but I decided to go cheaper and go with Warwick Strings (I wouldn't understand why they are cheaper), they give a clean thick tone which is good for the music I play ("Extreme" metal and Jazz).
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Well. I try to stay away from Ernie Ball strings, I've had many problems with them in the past. Flat wounds give off too warm of a sound for Metal. Steve Harris can pull it off because he's...Steve ****in' Harris. I play Deathcore and I use Dean Markley Blue Steels because they last me a long time and they feel very nice to play on. You don't want to play weird strings because your fingers are going to be on them. But it's all personal preference. Rotosound Swing 66s are nice from what I've heard and Dunlop makes some decent strings too.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
DR Hi-Beams or Lo-Riders might work for you. Stainless Steel strings will usually give you a brighter tone which should work well for metal music.
I use Dr Hi-beams for metal they do have a lot of clank in the beginning though they mellow out quite nicely.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab