Im thinking about investing some money in Warmoth to make my own Custom Mark Hoppus Bass (with a P-bass body) and I need some tips on how to use it.

I just need the basic help on how to use it is all.

Much apperciated.
1. Surely it would be cheaper to buy the Fender?
2. Why would you want one?

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
You want to make a mark hoppus sig bass but with a precision body?

I'll save you some time by posting this

Mark hoppus' sig consists of

A jazz bass body
A precision bass neck
A seymour duncan QP precision bass pickup
A bridge
Some tuners
Some string
A volume pot
A jack socket

A precision bass consists of

A precision bass body
A precision bass neck
A precision bass pickup that can easily be swapped for a seymour duncan QP
A bridge
Some tuners
Some string
A volume pot
A tone pot
A jack socket
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by TheKillersFan13
Im thinking about investing some money in Warmoth to make my own Custom Mark Hoppus Bass (with a P-bass body) and I need some tips on how to use it.

I just need the basic help on how to use it is all.

Much apperciated.

It wouldn't be a Mark Hoppus bass with a P-bass body.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Quote by skater dan0
You want to make a mark hoppus sig bass but with a precision body?

I'll save you some time by posting this

Mark hoppus' sig consists of

A jazz bass body
A precision bass neck
A seymour duncan QP precision bass pickup
A bridge
Some tuners
Some string
A volume pot
A jack socket

A precision bass consists of

A precision bass body
A precision bass neck
A precision bass pickup that can easily be swapped for a seymour duncan QP
A bridge
Some tuners
Some string
A volume pot
A tone pot
A jack socket

Really the only difference is the tone pot and the body. Because Mark gets his tone out of the pick ups and his amp.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
It wouldn't be a Mark Hoppus bass with a P-bass body.

It would be my own version of it, like the early version of the Mark Hoppus bass as seen in the video of Dammit
Then just buy a p-bass strip it down and repaint it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by TheKillersFan13
It would be my own version of it, like the early version of the Mark Hoppus bass as seen in the video of Dammit

You're really just taking a P-bass and putting different pick ups in it and probably taking out the tone pot. That's like taking a Jazz bass, putting a badass 2 bridge on it and US Vintage J-bass pickups in it and calling it a Geddy Lee bass.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by TheKillersFan13

Its just a Fender Precision, the most bog-standard bass available. The only reason you would need to go to Warmoth is to get it in the pastel colours that Hoppus uses but you should know that's a real waste of money.
The bass Mark uses in the Dammit video is a standard Daphne blue Fender Precision bass with a rosewood fretboard. Sadly that's not a finish that fender offer anymore. I can't say for certain about the pickups but the bridge is stock and it still has it's tone pot.

So your options are. Warmoth which will cost a bomb for something very basic. A parts bass built yourself to the spec of a standard 60s fender p bass or a buy a fender standard p bass and get it refinished.

As an advocate of parts builds I'd recommend the second option but if you don't want to do any work just buy a standard fender and get it refinished
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
The bass Mark uses in the Dammit video is a standard Daphne blue Fender Precision bass with a rosewood fretboard. Sadly that's not a finish that fender offer anymore

You can still order Daphne Blue online though. TS, the most economical way to do it would be to just buy a Fender Precision and paint it/finish it yourself.

The only way Warmoth is ever going to really be worth their high prices is if you want one of their body shapes in a special wood/with a top, a standard neck in a non-standard wood, and/or with non-standard routing, and you don't have to tools to make it yourself.

When you're talking about recreating Mark's P bass, all you have to do is get your hands on a standard P, and either order your choice of pastel colored paint and a clearcoat online and DIY, or pay half of what a Warmoth body costs to have a professional do it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass