Yeah thats definitely a solid deal. I'm not a big valveking fan, but the 212 for $200, thats a real good deal. Where else are you going to get a 100 watt all tube amp that cheap?
Won't be amazing, but probably better than any solid state amp, so yes I guess

with the money you're saving I would retube it with jj's or something nice. pretty sure they come stock with ruby's which are very meh
Right now I have a spider 3 15 watt so I'm pretty sure this is probably way better sounding than that.
^agreed with the tubescreamer, would definitely be a wise investment to throw in front of the valveking for a better tone. I'll never get rid of my TS9, that is unless I got my hands on an 808 for cheap.

Also the MXR 10 Band EQ he is using would probably work well with the VK as well.

The valveking is a pretty cheap all tube amp, so you're definitely going to need a pedal or two to make it sound good. But for $200 i'd say it's worth it.

Definitely 100% an upgrade from your Line 6. Perfect second amp.
well I called the number and I was just a little too late someone was already on their way to pick it up.
keep looking around, they seem to go for around $250-300 on average. You'll find one eventually.
louder than you will ever need.

I have a 5150 thats 60 watts all tube it's pretty much too loud to play in my house(but I do anyway).

think of it this way, a 20-30 watt tube amp, will probably sound as loud as a 100 watt solid state amp. tubes make it sound liek 3x louder

if your just playing in your house, I would suggest getting something between 5-30 watts really, or atleast something with a master volume. and your gonna need a pedal for it to sound good at low volumes
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
louder than you will ever need.

I have a 5150 thats 60 watts all tube it's pretty much too loud to play in my house(but I do anyway).

think of it this way, a 20-30 watt tube amp, will probably sound as loud as a 100 watt solid state amp. tubes make it sound liek 3x louder

if your just playing in your house, I would suggest getting something between 5-30 watts really, or atleast something with a master volume. and your gonna need a pedal for it to sound good at low volumes

^
This is the best info you can get buddy. Also, i have that exact same Amp and i love it to death man. Also, if you got a BOSS Metal Core ml-2 like me, plug it in, stay on the clean channel and be prepared for a craaaaazy metalsound, you will feel like a god and play till your ears (and fingertips) bleed.
yeah most boss pedals, their distortions especially are crap. but I kind of like the metal core tbh. It gives a great entombed tone if your into that
I agree with everything handbanana said, and also have a 60 watt 5150. I used to have a Valveking 212, and it was a good amp. You will find one on CL if you keep looking, and anything $275 or less is a good deal if it's in good condition.

Definitely use an MXR 10 band EQ with this amp though, and a Tubescreamer type pedal will help too. On the EQ pedal, boost the 125 hz, some and cut both the 500 hz and 4 khz some. This amp is loud but sounds decent a low volumes too.
Quote by ChadT
I agree with everything handbanana said, and also have a 60 watt 5150. I used to have a Valveking 212, and it was a good amp. You will find one on CL if you keep looking, and anything $275 or less is a good deal if it's in good condition.

Definitely use an MXR 10 band EQ with this amp though, and a Tubescreamer type pedal will help too. On the EQ pedal, boost the 125 hz, some and cut both the 500 hz and 4 khz some. This amp is loud but sounds decent a low volumes too.

Thats important to me because I mostly play on low volumes.