Ok I've been trying to find info on the paul reed smith HFS humbucker online and all I'm finding is info about guitars that they are in,I found 1 page where you could order them for 94 bucks plus shipping...I'm thinking about trying one out after reading dave navarro talk good about them
Anyone have any info on them or have them installed in anything other than a PRS?
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Wow,no one...oh well
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
never heard one in an alder bodied guitar myself. but it's a great hard rock pick up that can do metal easily with the right amp. $94 sounds about right, although any prs dealer can order you one. shop around.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
We have several SE models here with the HFS/Vintage series P/U's from the Custom 24 line and besides having to yank out the existing wiring and pots/switches (if you have a ready-made wiring kit), wiring/soldering and installing everything is as easy as talking and chewing gum at the same time.

Just be sure to pick up the 5 way rotary 4 pole switch (if not included). If you need any assistance, drop me an email/pm and I can send you a 'newbies edition' on what wire goes where, etc. (For the Custom 24 style switching). I have custom diagrams as well if you want.

Once you get those in, you will notice a much nicer/warmer/punchier/smoother/hi-gain type sound. I assume you already know what they sound like in the Custom 22/24 series.

Tim
Digital Audio Productions, LLC.
Christian Recording Studio Services, 501c3