Just this morning when i go to turn on my 6505+, it wont turn on. theres nothing wrong with the outlet in the wall. I have no idea why this is happening cause it was working just fine yesterday and showed no signs of anything wrong. I've only had it for about 2 months and I take very good care of my gear too. Help someone?
Quote by lavalamp360
Just this morning when i go to turn on my 6505+, it wont turn on. theres nothing wrong with the outlet in the wall. I have no idea why this is happening cause it was working just fine yesterday and showed no signs of anything wrong. I've only had it for about 2 months and I take very good care of my gear too. Help someone?

Make sure the outlet is correctly plugged in the wall. Might sound stupid, but it's a common mistake.

If it's a malfunction, it's probably coming from the power supply. It could also be your tubes, altho my guess would be the power supply. If you don't know about these stuff, better take it to a tech.

EDIT: Open it up and check if the fuse is blown. If it's blown, replace it with the same current value. If it burns again once you open up the amp, take it to a tech.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Jul 23, 2010,
maybe theres a switch on the wall that turns the outlet on. sometimes i have to turn a switch on to turn on some of the outlets in my house to use the outlet. If that don't work then maybe something is wrong with the power cable or something. Hope I helped
is the outlet connected to a lightswitch where it only works if the switch is on? some of mine are like that.. also if the electrical cable plugs into the back of the amp instead of being attached, check that.

EDIT:^wut he sed
Theres a power bar plugged into the outlet and every other electronic device plugged into it works fine. i tried unplugging everything else and just plugging the amp in but still no dice. also its not one of the outlets where the light switch needs to be on. Im going to check the fuse later tonight and se if thats the problem. I wouldnt assume its the tubes cause i bought the amp brand new 2 months ago
OK guys, update. I checked the fuse and ya it was blown so i figured that was the problem. So I went to the source and picked up replacement fuses. They are 3 amps and 250V just like it says on the amp (F3AL). so i put the new fuse in and when i hit the power switch........*sigh* .....it turns on then a fraction of a second later shuts off. I check the fuse i just put in and it was blown. I dont know how the hell you blow in fuse in like half a second but it did this twice so i have one last fuse left and i havent tried it yet. Any ideas guys?
Fuses don't just blow without reason. There was a short or arc in the amp somewhere that caused the overcurrent protection to trip.

Get it serviced.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ That's the worst thing you can do.

Putting in a slow-blow or a higher current fuse will only let whatever is blowing it damage the amp for a longer period of time.

Get it serviced.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ That's the worst thing you can do.

Putting in a slow-blow or a higher current fuse will only let whatever is blowing it damage the amp for a longer period of time.

Get it serviced.

This. And most likely what Min said as well.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs