The ibanez sr's and the fernandes look very good. Yamaha also make some very good bas's.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Id say you should get an Ibanez. Im not a bass player but there brand of guitar is good so im guessing there bass's should be good as well
Out of those THIRTY FOUR, they are pretty much all solid instruments, aside from the Deans, the Epi, and the BC Rich. If I were to get one I would probably go with the Ibanez ATK, or the Schecter Stilletto.

But you actually have to go get your hands on a few of them - go to store, go to a bunch of stores, spend a day trying different ones out. Especially when your throwing out so many different options out there - you have to go try and narrow it down.
i used to own an ibanez sr305 bass and it played really well. check out any of their soundgear series.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Last edited by drugfreeboy at Jul 23, 2010,
Oh yeah there's a little problem I forgot to mention. I live in Peru. Here music stores are guitar-centered because there is probably no musical culture (check out what the media here calls the "BEST" peruvian band ATM), regarding basses you may find a few of Yamaha's cheapest models (like the RBX-170 which I currently own) and a couple of cheap P or J basses. So I can't actually try them out =/ I plan on importing my next bass, that's also why I'm looking at musiciansfriend for instance, cause I can't go to any physical music instrument store...

Note: Not all bands are bullshit here, its just that good ones don't actually get any recognition. Here are a couple of good ones: a Thrash band and a Grunge band.
Well since you already have a Yamaha I would simply get a better Yamaha model, unless you really just want to take a gamble with whatever your buying, then I would say the Fernandes Tremor.

BTW when I say taking a gamble, I mean that you might not like certain things about the bass that you buy, but the Fernandes is a solid bass, so I guess you just hope that you like it.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Which Fernandes do you guys mean? The Gravity or the Tremor?

EDIT: Also which of these have low action and thin necks?
Last edited by Silveroon009 at Jul 23, 2010,
They can all have low action. Ibanez, yamaha, fender. All have thin necks.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I'm actually curious as to how the Yamaha sounds and feels. I think I'm going to try one out this weekend =]
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Quote by Silveroon009
Which Fernandes do you guys mean? The Gravity or the Tremor?

EDIT: Also which of these have low action and thin necks?

Fernandes one has one bass with a thin neck and it's like a $900 bass.
Ibanez SRs have thin necks.
Fender Jazz basses have thin necks.
Some ESPs have thin necks too.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
thanks guys! also some amps suggestions around that same budget would be much appreciated
IF you're gonna learn some funk, it's probably a good idea to play some fingerstyle as well as with a pick.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.