Hey folks,

Just wondering if there are any Steve Stevens fans here?
I love all his work and his sounds, cool guitars, cool amps, amazing tone and the special effects I always liked this guy. The reason I started playing.

Pat Wright aka Woundstring.
Please check out my Remix of Linkin Parks Catalyst. The big guitars kick in around the 28 sec mark and build to a solo near the end. Hope you like it
Please vote for me if you do..thanks.
Go here to hear it and vote (If you like my version):

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/23415
I'm a HUGE fan of Steve Stevens' Flamenco.A.Go.Go album, in fact I have just posted about that album in my new Facebook group "Instrumental rock lovers":

Steve Stevens is best known as the guitarist for Billy Idol, but his best work was captured on his solo album Flamenco.A.Go.Go. This is easily one of the best and most underrated (mostly) instrumental albums ever and belongs in every guitar lover's collection! And while Steve's love for flamenco music is obvious in more than just the title, this is actually an album with lots of stylistical variety: There's really rocking stuff (Our Man in Istanbul), beautiful ballads (Cinecitta), some downright danceable pop-like material (the title track), some electronica (Feminova) - always with stunning guitar work from Steve, of course! For me this is one of those precious few albums where every note is exactly where it should be - and believe me, there are MANY notes on it!

The video below shows one of the tracks from the album. Fantastic stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwf6g3HK9Y
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Like instrumental prog? Check out www.relocator-project.com!
Debut album featuring Derek Sherinian available now!
Last edited by Kyo6JM at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by Kyo6JM
I'm a HUGE fan of Steve Stevens' Flamenco.A.Go.Go album, in fact I have just posted about that album in my new Facebook group "Instrumental rock lovers":

Steve Stevens is best known as the guitarist for Billy Idol, but his best work was captured on his solo album Flamenco.A.Go.Go. This is easily one of the best and most underrated (mostly) instrumental albums ever and belongs in every guitar lover's collection! And while Steve's love for flamenco music is obvious in mor...e than just the title, this is actually an album with lots of stylistical variety: There's really rocking stuff (Our Man in Istanbul), beautiful ballads (Cinecitta), some downright danceable pop-like material (the title track), some electronica (Feminova) - always with stunning guitar work from Steve, of course! For me this is one of those precious few albums where every note is exactly where it should be - and believe me, there are MANY notes on it!

The video below shows one of the tracks from the album. Fantastic stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwf6g3HK9Y

Aye,

Thats a great album.
I think I own just about everything Steve has ever been on bar a few.
I listen to Flamenco-a-go-go mainly in the car, great for long journeys.

If you have not already, you should check out his first "solo" album called Atomic Playboys for late 80's guitar and the Black Light Syndrome (Bozzio, Levin, Stevens) albums..2 made for experimental prog. type 90's stuff. And Steves AMAZING latest solo album "Memory Crash"
Jerusalem Slim (early 90's), Billy Idol catalogue etc etc.
And of course the mentioned Vince Neil: Exposed which Steve is on BIG time.

Pat Wright.
Please check out my Linkin Park Catalyst Remix with Guitars on:
http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/23415
I have Black Light Syndrome, and I actually have spoken to Steve over email for reviewing his latest CD Memory Crash. He was courteous enough to send me a thank you for reviewing it, which was a great CD. And of course, I love his Billy Idol stuff also. I've yet to hear Vince Neil's Exposed.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
What? I thought Steve Stevens would be famous for the Top Gun theme above all. Either way, his new stuff isn't spectacular.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack