Page 1 of 2
im thinking of getting a new guitar.. but don't know which one to get of these 3.. synyster custom red/black or gold/white.. zacky vengence mirror one.. or the schecter blackjack c-1.. plz give some suggestions or which sounds better.. THANKS!
Blackjack ATX shits all over the others.

Don't buy an A7X custom please and thankyou.
I would advise taking a look at the signature guitars you're looking at and comparing them to some similarly priced guitars. Is there really a big enough difference in the specs and construction apart from the guitarists name on it to justify it?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by Tedward

ok i guess blackjack it is,, but whats so wrong with the customs?
I'd buy Syn's black with white, but, since that's not an option, meh. Go for the BJ(Blackjack xD) I'd say. Unless you really want an A7X guitar.
Quote by Tedward

just saying, there's a seperate Blackjack than the ATX.

TS, you have to try them out yourself, cause only you can know what you like in terms of feel and tone. I suggest against signature models, but if one of them is the most comfortable and the best sounding one in your hands and ears, then screw what anyone else says and go for it.

I do recomend the Blackjack ATX if you're looking in the price range though. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Maglun
I'd buy Syn's black with white, but, since that's not an option, meh. Go for the BJ(Blackjack xD) I'd say. Unless you really want an A7X guitar.

actually i have a black and white custom.. just thought i messed up for buying that one and wanted the red and black the most.. but i was also considering buying the bj haha but i guess i'll stay with the b/w and buy the bj instead
Anyone else feel weird reading about someone buying a BJ.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I should have specified earlier that I did mean the Blackjack ATX, NOT the C1 Blackjack which TS is looking at I think.

The ATX (with lightning bolt inlay and Blackout pickups) is one of Schecters best guitars.
Quote by Tedward
I should have specified earlier that I did mean the Blackjack ATX, NOT the C1 Blackjack which TS is looking at I think.

The ATX (with lightning bolt inlay and Blackout pickups) is one of Schecters best guitars.

I'm not familiar with the other guitars on the OP's list, but I can attest that the C1 Blackjack is one hell of a guitar, especially if a deal is to be had used or on a discontinued model.
so from what you guys have posted here the best guitar outta the three is the C-1.. so the BJ it is. haha
Getting an A7X signature might kick you in the ass later when you realize how much they actually suck and how overpriced the guitar is.

Plus they're overpriced. And you can do better.
Quote by Synfan21
so from what you guys have posted here the best guitar outta the three is the C-1.. so the BJ it is. haha

I detect some sarcasm. I understand, you have to change your username.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Getting an A7X signature might kick you in the ass later when you realize how much they actually suck and how overpriced the guitar is.

Plus they're overpriced. And you can do better.

dude i already have an a7x signature and ive had it for about a year and it definatley doesent suck.. the only thing wrong is that ive wanted the red and black ever since i saw the beast and the harlot music video so i was gonna try and sell it and get it.. or keep it and by the bj c-1
Quote by Rt1Rebel
I detect some sarcasm. I understand, you have to change your username.

haha nah man as i explained up there ^^ ive made my decision.. im going with the BJ C-1
All kidding aside, I don't know a thing about the a7x, but I have no doubt it's sweet. Pick up the C1 BJ and try it out. You will love having both the a7x and the C1 BJ.
yeah i know.. what kind of pickups does the bj have? does it have EMG's? cuz i heard those are good for lower tunings and thats what i was planning on using the guitar for.. mostly dropped c/d stuff
Most have SD JBs and 59s.

If you're looking for Drop tuning, you may want to check out the C1 BJ EX which is a 26.5 baritone. It's exactly what I own. Although I admit that I am not experienced enough to take advantage of that yet.
Last edited by Rt1Rebel at Jul 24, 2010,
ohh ok.. and how much was your guitar exactly cuz im also trying to buy a new amp haha i need so much gear right now
A7X FOR LIFE

Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom black and silver
Marshall JMD1 series JMD100 And MA412 Halfstack
Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal

Gear funds:
funds for Schecter solo-6 ATX ($70/$800)
Re-buying a guitar just because of the paint job?

Seriously?

IMO, signatures are stupid. Buy a standard guitar and tweak it to what best suites you, not Synyster Gates or whoever else.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
lol synester gates, but forrel get a new amp instead the guitar is fine although in a live setting you will be made fun of.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Well to me nothing associated with a7x sucks cuz they are my favorite band, but everyones entitled to there opinion.. I already decided in buying a schecter solo-6 atx and buying idk maybe a line 6 amp
A7X FOR LIFE

Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom black and silver
Marshall JMD1 series JMD100 And MA412 Halfstack
Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal

Gear funds:
funds for Schecter solo-6 ATX ($70/$800)
you fail so many times.
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

Quote by Synfan21
Well to me nothing associated with a7x sucks cuz they are my favorite band, but everyones entitled to there opinion.. I already decided in buying a schecter solo-6 atx and buying idk maybe a line 6 amp

Not convinced this isn't just a troll thread..but avoid Line 6 Spiders.
SOOOO your original plans were to get the same exact failtar, this time with red stripes instead of silver..

...and getting a Line 6 to replace your Marshall JMD?

If you're going to go to those extremes, at least swap the Line 6 for a Roland Cube or something.
Quote by Synfan21
yeah i know.. what kind of pickups does the bj have? does it have EMG's? cuz i heard those are good for lower tunings and thats what i was planning on using the guitar for.. mostly dropped c/d stuff

the blackjack has JB/59's
the ATX has SD Blackouts.

Edit: and Jesus Christ, people! stop torturing the kid just cause he likes A7X! god damn! everybody is entitled to their own opinion when it comes to tastes in music. you can not force him to stop listening to a band just because a majority on this site thinks they suck now. If i were to list all my favorite bands right now, everyone here would destroy me, so I kinda don't care, but here are my favorite bands:
Attack Attack!, Devil Wears Prada, A day To Remember, blessthefall, Escape the Fate, and many bands like them.

People, we're trying to help a kid get a guitar, not a musical influence, cause he already seems to have that.

grr... just woke up, bad day already, no coffee in the cabinet...

/very grumpy rant
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by randomhero93
the blackjack has JB/59's
the ATX has SD Blackouts.

Edit: and Jesus Christ, people! stop torturing the kid just cause he likes A7X! god damn! everybody is entitled to their own opinion when it comes to tastes in music. you can not force him to stop listening to a band just because a majority on this site thinks they suck now. If i were to list all my favorite bands right now, everyone here would destroy me, so I kinda don't care, but here are my favorite bands:
Attack Attack!, Devil Wears Prada, A day To Remember, blessthefall, Escape the Fate, and many bands like them.

People, we're trying to help a kid get a guitar, not a musical influence, cause he already seems to have that.

grr... just woke up, bad day already, no coffee in the cabinet...

/very grumpy rant

dude all those bands are ok with the exception of attack attack and escape the fate imo. i think people are grilling him on A7X not because of their music cause their older stuff is really good but because of their were so harcore image that they try to give off, they are tools so its fun to point it out when someone likes them. no reason to get butthurt adtr isnt my fav but they were discovered about 10 miles from where i live
roland AC90

Wow, seriously so much fail in thread its not even funny. Don't know what's worse, schecter guitars, line 6 amps, or a7x?
@handbanana

How can you say Schecter guitars and Line6 amps are fail? You obviously haven't played either brand. I'm sure Flibble would love to argue Line6 with you...
schecter arent bad if you dont have enough money for a prestige ibanez or esp but line 6 is terrible man with the exception of the vetta and flextone, the rest is just a money ploy.
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
schecter arent bad if you dont have enough money for a prestige ibanez or esp but line 6 is terrible man with the exception of the vetta and flextone, the rest is just a money ploy.

You're joking?

You realize that most Ibanez Prestige's new are over $1,000 and most ESP Standards are over $1,200 new? I wouldn't even do something as stupid as to compare them to Diamond Series Schecters. Obviously they're going to be better instruments (to someone). Schecter makes excellent guitars for incredibly reasonable prices. If anything, if you have the money for an ESP or Prestige, you might as well buy Schecter Custom Shop.

And the HD147 would like a word with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eE9ePx80y8&feature=related
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
@handbanana

How can you say Schecter guitars and Line6 amps are fail? You obviously haven't played either brand. I'm sure Flibble would love to argue Line6 with you...

Seeing as I've owned one of each I'd say I have a pretty good idea. Line 6 for the most part is terrible, especially their ss line. Schecters aren't terrible, but for the same money I think an ibanez rg is a much much better guitar. I liked my rg 2 ex 1 a lot better than the schecter 006 blackjack that I got rid of after a month of owning it. Even with cheaper pickups and no coil tapping the $300(brand new) I banez was made with much more quality and attention to detail. I also hated the neck on the scheter, was so small, felt like I was playing a childs instrument.
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

You're joking?

You realize that most Ibanez Prestige's new are over $1,000 and most ESP Standards are over $1,200 new? I wouldn't even do something as stupid as to compare them to Diamond Series Schecters. Obviously they're going to be better instruments (to someone). Schecter makes excellent guitars for incredibly reasonable prices. If anything, if you have the money for an ESP or Prestige, you might as well buy Schecter Custom Shop.

And the HD147 would like a word with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eE9ePx80y8&feature=related

how i is that a laughable thing when its true? what you said was the same as me, i said schecters are great if you cant afford a better guitar like an esp or a prestige. what i say is true........ive owned all three at some point in time, shcecter tempest, ibanez rga prestige and an esp eclipse standard....im right.
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
how i is that a laughable thing when its true? what you said was the same as me, i said schecters are great if you cant afford a better guitar like an esp or a prestige. what i say is true........ive owned all three at some point in time, shcecter tempest, ibanez rga prestige and an esp eclipse standard....im right.

It's laughable because you're not making any sense. You're talking like everyone can afford an Ibanez Prestige and and ESP Standard.

It's funny how a Schecter Tempest (Custom, Standard, doesn't matter) wouldn't really touch an Ibanez Prestige or an ESP Standard.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Hellraisers and Blackjacks are just as nice as an Ibanez Prestige or an ESP Standard. The main difference is the Schecters are made in South Korea and the Ibanez and ESP are made in Japan.

Sure you've owned those 3 guitars... but no matter how you put it, a Schecter, an Ibanez and an ESP will be a different animal. Especially a middle-end Schecter.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
It's laughable because you're not making any sense. You're talking like everyone can afford an Ibanez Prestige and and ESP Standard.

It's funny how a Schecter Tempest (Custom, Standard, doesn't matter) wouldn't really touch an Ibanez Prestige or an ESP Standard.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Hellraisers and Blackjacks are just as nice as an Ibanez Prestige or an ESP Standard. The main difference is the Schecters are made in South Korea and the Ibanez and ESP are made in Japan.

Sure you've owned those 3 guitars... but no matter how you put it, a Schecter, an Ibanez and an ESP will be a different animal. Especially a middle-end Schecter.

it all comes down to personal tastes. i personally cant stand the necks of Ibanez. even the ones on the prestige lines. just so uncomfortable...
Quote by pedromiles101
There is absolutely no way that hellraisers and blackjacks are as good as prestiges and esp standards. Literally not even close.

I'd say they are on the same level as mid range RG's and higher LTD's.

Rock comes in to every thread thinking he knows everything about everything cause apparently his Dean through his Solid State Peavey is a world class rig, and noone else on this site knows what they're talking about.

I bet you haven't even played half the guitars you're talking about rock. I've played/or owned every single guitar i've mentioned in this thread at one time or another.

I agree w/ pretty much everything skagasm is saying

EDIT:But yeah in the end I guess 90% of it comes down to preference. I'm just basing these opinions on quality from my standpoint.
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
There is absolutely no way that hellraisers and blackjacks are as good as prestiges and esp standards. Literally not even close.

A Schecter Hellraiser doesn't compare to an Ibanez RG1570? Or RG1451? Or RG1520?
Page 1 of 2