So I have an Epiphone SG Special, and it has like a million scratches on it. They're not deep or anything, but they cover the entire body of the guitar. The thing is, I have no idea where they came from. Of course, I know where some of them came from, but most of them just seem to appear. There seem to be more of them every time I play. I think it could be the gig bag because it covers the whole guitar. Has anyone ever had their gig bag scratch their guitar? Or does anyone have any other ideas where the scratches are coming from? I know it's not a huge deal, but it's kinda annoying.
Quote by Darkflame
maybe it's your pick?

to me, it's quite the opposite, my guitar headstocks tend to destroy my gig bags lol

Same thing happens to my gig bags too.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Well I doubt it's my pick, because the scratches are everywhere, not just where my right hand is. I always keep the guitar on a stand in my room, except when I take it somewhere of course. My gig bag isn't lined with anything really, that's why I think it could be what's scratching it.
if it`s not lined with anything then it`s likely the bag may be damaging your guitar, and re the statement with the pick, some peeps keep their picks loose in the bag, and thus the pick scratches the guitar when transporting the instrument.