Ok so i've had a search through the forum and found a fair few threads on Reaper and some on VSTi's but I can never make much sense of it all lol. My question is simple (i hope), what are the best (and easiest to master) Bass VSTi and Drum VSTi for use in Reaper?

I've downloaded a few demos off the back of a google search and either the control panel for the VSTi is hugely unuseable or it just sounds rubbish no matter what I fiddle around with lol (yeah i'm teaching my self how to use all this stuff so it is slow progress and i probably should look at some more tutorials but you know lol)

so, yes UGers, show me the light
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
For Bass, I use Trilian....mostly because its incredible overall.....but also because its easy to use and sounds amazing.

For Drums, I do my own sampling. I program in either Kontakt or BFD depending on application and then re-sample.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
For Bass, I record a real bass. They sound better than any bass VSTi

For drums, Addictive Drums since its easy to use for me.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by Brendan.Clace
For Bass, I use Trilian....mostly because its incredible overall.....but also because its easy to use and sounds amazing.

For Drums, I do my own sampling. I program in either Kontakt or BFD depending on application and then re-sample.

Hmm i'll have a look at that Trilian

There are loads of people online saying addictive drums is the best like, any ideas orknowledge about it?

anyone???
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Presonus Audiobox USB

eddiechance
Quote by lockwolf

For drums, Addictive Drums since its easy to use for me.

I'll mention this because lockwolf mentioned it as well.

I will also record real bass depending on the project, however I record direct and use plugins for tone.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by lockwolf

Was planning to do that eventually but atm i have neither a bass nor the money to buy one and to top it off no one to borrow one off
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Presonus Audiobox USB

eddiechance
for drums sans an actual drummer there is nothing better than Addictive Drums. Completely amazing. I also use EZ drummer from time to time.

never heard of Trilian but can't wait to try it out!

PS

I'm practicing mixing in Reaper so if you have any songs you could send over to me it would be awesome to mix your stuff!

PM me
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com