im playing a lot heavy/melodic stuff currently in drop d with my band and was considering buying a 7 string. im not sure where to start, ive looked at some schecters and ibanez 7 strings but they are expensive and i want to find something cheaper but still good quality
rondomusic.com/

they have good quality, features, and are pretty inexpensive.
BC Rich Warlock 81/85 Floyd Rose
Strat copy
J-Bass copy
Pre-1933 Olds Bass Trombone (G/F Triggers)
UWT Inc. Ukulele
Ibanez TK999HT Tube King Distortion
Digitech RP70
Currently, only with a Fender Frontman 25R

"We'll do it live"
if you were wanting to get one for really cheap just to see if you like 7s, id suggest a washburn wg587 or an ibby 7321/7621. you can find those for near $200. otherwise, rondo is indeed a good place to look. havent tried any of their 7s but i have an 8er and its amazing.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

If I can't find a good deal on a Schecter or an Ibanez, I may just go with an Agile. I think the odds of finding an LTD or Dean 7 string I like are pretty low.
what is your budget?
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
dude ibanez do a 7 for 400. any cheaper than that, and its firewood. trust me, if youre looking for a 7 for 300, youre in a for a shock when you see how low the quality is.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
i definately dont wanna compromise price for quality and i want to spend somewhere between $400 and $800, i would buy an agile in a heartbeat but theres nowhere to test one out and i havnt heard much about the company. i currently hav a gibson les paul classic and a fender strat and they arent rly gettin the job done on some of the heavier stuff im playin. i can get a pretty sick metal sound out of my mesa lonestar but need a more metal style guitar
why would you need a 7 string if you're just doing drop D in your band? unless the band tunes down with you, or you put in a high A instead of having a low B, or you just feel like using it on your free time, a 7 string wouldn't be very helpful for you. unless you actually do the string swap i mentioned earlier
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
right now my band has a vocalist sing/scream, two guitarists and a drummer and keys player. my other guitarist is buyin a 7 string too but also undecided. we dont wanna spend a whole lot cuz we both hav fairly expensive "normal" electric guitars, but wanna let our playing styles branch out as we hav a large range of influences anywhere from alesana to born of osiris and a huge variety in between.
check out the schecter damien elite
similar to a hellraiser but its emg 81&85 7 string version which is a 1st from schecter from what i've seen and a bolt on neck
its $549 or something around there
http://proguitarshop.com/store/guitars-schecter-guitars-schecter-damien-elite-c-1_29_575/schecter-damien-elite-7-cred-p-1609
great reviews so i'm dead set on getting this lol
also http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPSC207