I'm looking to take this image make some changes to it and potentially get it as a tattoo. I tried my hand at editing it to no avail but I'm sure some of you are much more talented designers. I'd like to take the below image remove Johnny Cash's name from it, replace the acoustic guitar with a Les Paul style guitar in the same art style and change the color to black so it works as a tattoo. I really appreciate anyone taking the time to do this for me and I look forward to seeing the end product.

EDIT: Just a little something to add I do plan on filling up the space where Johnny Cash's name is I'm just not sure with what yet. Right now I'm just looking to get everything else done and then add something there when I know what I want.

EDIT 2: Courtesy of Damian 91, now all I need is the acoustic guitar switched to a Les Paul in the same art style.

Last edited by Osiris77 at Jul 23, 2010,
I'll give it a try.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
One thing you should probably take note of is that after you've removed Cash's name, the ornate framing that went around it on the original will look weird, because it won't be framing anything. You'll just have space.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Kilobyte
One thing you should probably take note of is that after you've removed Cash's name, the ornate framing that went around it on the original will look weird, because it won't be framing anything. You'll just have space.

Flip it, maybe? Change which direction the framing turns so that it goes in toward the fretboard?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Kilobyte

Yeah I plan on putting something there I just don't know exactly what yet. I figured I could have everything done and then when I know what I want to fill that spot in add it later.
Something like that, but with a Les Paul?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I'm giving it a go as well...I've used Photoshop for ages...Probably anyway...
Hate Me.
Last edited by TheFunInFuneral at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by damian_91
Something like that, but with a Les Paul?

Sweet man that was fast, I really appreciate you doing that now all I need is to switch the guitar to a les paul.
Quote by ComradSputnik
why don't you just ask the tattoo artist to make you a sketch?

Well I'd just like to get an idea of what its going to look like first, plus it will be a while till I actually get it and I'd like to get as close to what I want as possible before I go in.

Can be done a lot better, I'm not really good at this.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Edit: I found a better model...I'm going to do a different skeleton...
Hate Me.
Why would you bother removing any of it? That looks so much better than that LP idea.
Really cool stuff guys thanks alot for taking the time to do this, if anyone else has anymore ideas I'd love to see them.
Last edited by Osiris77 at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by Osiris77
Really cool stuff guys thanks alot for taking the time to do this.

Here is the other one if you want it...It's less consistent though.
http://img695.imageshack.us/i/guitarn.jpg/
Also this was the first skeleton I did when I was going to do a sketch instead of a render... http://img248.imageshack.us/i/skeletonw.png/
Hate Me.
made with gimp. i think i could have done better.

edit: i just noticed i messed up the bottom. oh well you can fix that easily.
;} KsE
Last edited by BigDwii at Jul 23, 2010,
why dont you replace your name with johnny cash's or someone else who is important to you so that it isn't just a blank space??
Quote by BigDwii
made with gimp. i think i could have done better.

edit: i just noticed i messed up the bottom. oh well you can fix that easily.

Awesome man thats really close to what I envisioned, much appreciated.
Quote by dizzle_312
why dont you replace your name with johnny cash's or someone else who is important to you so that it isn't just a blank space??

I wouldn't put my name in it that would be kinda lame in my opinion but I'm definitely going to fill the space with something, just not sure what yet.
i fixed the bottom and made the guitar a little darker. good luck.

;} KsE
Quote by BigDwii
i fixed the bottom and made the guitar a little darker. good luck.

Thanks