Alright, I've been bugging around the Metal amp thread, the Mesa thread, and even had one or two "What Amp" threads, but this is my LAST one, whatever info I get here is the last.

I am looking for an amp that will be able to handle small gigs and practice without miking it, have a good high gain sound but still be able to sound good when I back off the gain or go clean, and reverb and an effects loop is prefered. Right now I have $300, but I may be able to add about $200 to that in the near future. I'm probably going to go used. I do not have a cab.

I've currently been looking at either a Mesa Studio .22, Nomad 45, or F-30.

I am looking for DIFFERENT SUGGESTIONS THAN THESE. Anything within my price range, really. I'm trying to get as wide a range of amps as possible to try out before I make my final choice, so I don't feel as though I missed out on a possible gem somewhere.

Thanks.
Where are you getting any of those Mesas for $300?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Where are you getting any of those Mesas for $300?

I'm getting an extra $200 in about a month, and if I can't find them that cheap on eBay, there's a Nomad 45 I can get from Guitar Center used for $500.
i'd still save more...you can't get shit for 300-500 that does the stuff you want or you can get shit for 300-500 that does the stuff you want. take your pick. loud good high gain sound isn't easy cheap.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Eh, all 3 of those amps will easily do what he wants.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Eh, all 3 of those amps will easily do what he wants.

I know, which is why I'm asking for different amps. I want to try as many as possible so I don't feel like I've skipped over something good.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
save up another $100. 6505+ 1x12. sorted.

GOOD cleans, try again.

Would a 5150 combo have better cleans than the 6505+ combo? I thought the 6505+ had muddy cleans when I tried it.
Quote by phlip999
GOOD cleans, try again.

Would a 5150 combo have better cleans than the 6505+ combo? I thought the 6505+ had muddy cleans when I tried it.

No the 6505+ is essentially the 5150 II which has better cleans than the 5150. I could be wrong though.
Quote by perfectchaos23
No the 6505+ is essentially the 5150 II which has better cleans than the 5150. I could be wrong though.

Yes, though obviously it's not going to have amazing cleans like an old Fender, but they do have much better cleans than most people give them credit for.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Jesus, if you can't get good cleans out of a 6505 you aren't trying hard enough.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
how can you not get good cleans with a chorus and delay pedal?
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
how can you not get good cleans with a chorus and delay pedal?

I dunno why people always say to add chorus. The delay is a good idea on cleans, but unless you want to sound like Metallica on your cleans, I'd skip the chorus.

That being said, the 6505+ is fully capable of pretty good clean tones, by itself. It's as simple as keeping the pregain low.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com