so its been almost 3 weeks since i got my electric guitar and amp. now my friend tells me she got me an acoustic guitar..now, should i return the electric and the amp? i got them used from Guitar center, an ibanez rg321mh and a peavey vypyr 15w. do i really need both guitars? i like distortion and effects and all....but i dont know if i'll be using the effects in the amp anytime soon..because i dont have time to practice that much.
what do guys think? im kinda confused

p.s: i dont know what brand/model of the acoustic guitar
Seriously just keep both.. if you like using the distortion and effects on your electric then definitely keep it. Keep the acoustic too. It's nice having both types of guitars depending on the mood you're in.
keep them both (if possible), i do most of my basic writing on acoustic then transfer it to electric later.....
to me they are two completely different instruments, that just have a lot in common. i would try to keep both. two different types of playing if you ask me.

obtain this acoustic guitar play it for a few weeks, then make a decision. remember you can sell your electric whenever you want. personally i prefer to have both.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by whyze250f
to me they are two completely different instruments, that just have a lot in common. i would try to keep both. two different types of playing if you ask me.

obtain this acoustic guitar play it for a few weeks, then make a decision. remember you can sell your electric whenever you want. personally i prefer to have both.

well i only have till 7/8 to return the electric and amp, i don't think i can sell it since it has obvious signs of wear. besides i really dont have time to sell guitars
well get on that than... get the acoustic see how it is and make your decision, that's still a few weeks.

i've never bought anything but strings and picks from guitar center so idk how they do things... but make sure you get a cash refund and not store credit if you do end up returning your electric.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
I agree with the keep both opinion, but if you really can only afford one, keep the one of greater value, or return the electric since you can get a full refund on it and it seems an easy way to go. There really is no downside to having both though.
in my opinion every real guitar player should own both
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
hmmm..i'll see if the acoustic one is a good guitar then decide i guess. if it is then i'll most likely return the electric and amp. i cant afford keeping 2 guitars lol. thanks all