It's really nice when a band returns home to play a gig.

I was just thinking today about certain places and bands associated with them. I was saying to my mate she only wants to live in Liverpool because of the beatles but I was trying to think of any bands that really put where I come from on the map and found it impossible.

The only band I can think of from Leeds is the Kaiser chiefs are they're a bit wank.

What band puts your city on the map?
caterpillar girl
flowing in
and filling up my hopeless heart
The Beatles :P no really lol. Though as much as i appreciate it i live in the US and it gets really annoying when you say you're from Liverpool to ppl and they immediately start talking about the Beatles and ask if i have ever met any of them-given the fact i'm only 20 lol.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
nothing nobody is famous here, probably the only famous person from here was the crazy radio host wolfman jack.

EDIT: a little off topic
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
jet went to my school a few years back, so did another band called british india who are up and coming nationally here in australia
GEAR -
Gibson Les Paul VOS '57 gold top
ESP LTD MH-250NT
Vox AC15
There are alot of bands and musicians that have put Texas in general on the map. Flyleaf, Pantera, and Parabelle all hail from the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The Mars Volta (while I haven't given their music too much thought, I still respect them) are from El Paso. ZZ Top are probably the most popular (and distinctly Texan) rock band to come from my hometown of Houston; I've got friends who have actually seen Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill around my area north of the city when they're not touring.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at Jul 23, 2010,
No offence or anything, but you're mate is weird. Wanting to live in Liverpool just because the Beatles were formed here is just stupid... Liverpool is a great city, but not because the Beatles come from here.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I cant stand the adverts every 5 minutes so often stick to 5 live. I do however think the traffic news is top class on our local radio - GWR bristol. other than that, i wouldnt say they particularly get involved in the community!