hey UG

two questions

I made a thread before stating that I want to get rid of my SD blackouts, but my question is what would I have to replace in order to go back to passive pickups? Would I need to change the pots?

Also do you guys know any stock guitars similar to an Ibanez rgt42dx in terms of specs http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RGT42DXFM (mine isn't a flamed maple) that carry any of these dimarzio pickup combinations:
D activator(X),X2N,Evo,Tone Zone Air Norton,Breed, Air Classic?
I ask this because I am planning on going to Guitar Center to try them out so I can get an idea on what pickups I want to swap out for.

If you guys have any other suggestions to which passive pickups would sound good in my guitar (please review my older post to see what I'm looking for in my pickups https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339277 ), your suggestions are welcome as well.

Thank you guys for the help
what amp are you using? the amp's gonna be the biggest factor in the change of your tone.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
i did the same thing you did from going to active to passive with the same pickups, and what i did was of course change both the tone and volume pots from 250k to 500k pots or your tone will be too muddy, also im not sure if its NECESSARY, but I myself changed the output from Stereo back to Mono. And of course take out the wiring for the battery clip and solder everything back as normal.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
When I went from EMGs back to passivies in my old les paul I didn't know to change the pots and they barely were audible hahaha so remember to change the pots back

I'll never use actives again man...certain combinations or effects and amps became impossible to play because the guitar would sound thin in certain situations or just dull..
So passives for life!!!
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Koshman32
what amp are you using? the amp's gonna be the biggest factor in the change of your tone.

I'm using a mesa boogie maverick while runnign some pedals through it.

Quote by heretic-clown
i did the same thing you did from going to active to passive with the same pickups, and what i did was of course change both the tone and volume pots from 250k to 500k pots or your tone will be too muddy, also im not sure if its NECESSARY, but I myself changed the output from Stereo back to Mono. And of course take out the wiring for the battery clip and solder everything back as normal.

The pots that I currently have are 500k pots so are they good?

Quote by rdobson2
When I went from EMGs back to passivies in my old les paul I didn't know to change the pots and they barely were audible hahaha so remember to change the pots back

I'll never use actives again man...certain combinations or effects and amps became impossible to play because the guitar would sound thin in certain situations or just dull..
So passives for life!!!

Alright thanks man, haha I know what you mean about the actives though
I recently went back to Passives from EMG's and yea it required a full rewire. Great decision though
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
I recently went back to Passives from EMG's and yea it required a full rewire. Great decision though

any advice based on your experience?
Quote by Matt15f
I recently went back to Passives from EMG's Great decision though

Agreed
10000 percent I wish I would have known that in 1999 while zakk wylde had me under a trance and took the stock pickups out of a vintage les paul
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
so do you guys know any guitars that are mahogany/with dimarzios possibly a floyd rose
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
There should be a few Ibanez in the shop with some of the pups your interested in, any of the signature ones. I like the Evo pups but they are not for everyone. I like my EMGs too though!
thabks Tempoe, but you got any specific ones in mind?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more