Yes it's good but check out superior drummer too
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Yeah, its a solid program. I've found that its easy to get a good sound out of it without a lot of extra plugins outside of it.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I've only used it a few times, I prefer BFD or EZ Drummer, but it's easy to work with and you can get some very good results if you pay attention to your programming (I haven't listened to the MIDI grooves that come with it). If the cost really is an issue I'd look into EZ Drummer since it's less expensive, about half compared to Addictive Drums actually, and gives pretty much the same kind of results.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
I've used all 3 of them (Addictive, BFD and EzDrummer) and I prefer EzDrummer to the others. Especially Superior Drummer 2. It's my baby
Quote by maggot9779
I've used all 3 of them (Addictive, BFD and EzDrummer) and I prefer EzDrummer to the others. Especially Superior Drummer 2. It's my baby

EzDrummer is actually the worst of them all. It has the worst samples and is very processor intensive compared to the rest. I wasn't a huge fan of BFD either but my only experience with it is BFD Lite that came with Pro Tools.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
EzDrummer is actually the worst of them all. It has the worst samples and is very processor intensive compared to the rest. I wasn't a huge fan of BFD either but my only experience with it is BFD Lite that came with Pro Tools.

BFD and Addictive sound too loose for my taste.
Alright i'll check out some of the others. The price is only really an issue as i'm not really sure how much use i'll get out of it. Currently im only messing around with recordings and wanted a decent drum sampler.
Also i'm running a mac - are they all mac compatible?
totally worth it. I'd buy it twice!

fully supports my roland td-6's (my hi hat pedal used to be sketchy.. awesome control now thanks to the 1.5 patch) nice, natural, fully tweakable sounds, good variety of drums and cymbals.

AD comes with a mac installer, so i can imagine that it is mac compatible.

If you need help justifying dropping $250 on a VSTi drumkit.. consider the costs of the following:

- Nice sounding solid drumkit
- couple extra cymbals
- mics for getting it to sound good
- recording expertise to get the kit to sound good with these mics
- and drums lessons (or just the amount of time learning on your own) for actually being able to play what you're hearing in your head.

I've also used ezdrummer.. and, my opinion only, it pales in comparison to AD.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.