basically ive been playing for four years but i feel like a beginner still, i dont know any theory, and ive just been playing covers really, so it feels like ive accomplished nothing in the last 4 years so therefore i am making a change, i shall start playing guitar properly,

i have devised a timetable to help this (its the best way i learn things)

im doing it in weekly periods

the first week im going to learn minor pentatonic scales/sweep picking, i have nearly got sweep picking down but its just really to teach me to use scales why sweep picking

the second week is Major pentatonic scales/two hand tapping

the third week is major chords/legato

the fourth is minor chords

the fifth is other scales and chords which interest me

this i hope is a good foundation to build one,

id really appreciate any help, any shape or form

much appreciated
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
why not just do it until you've got it, instead of sticking to a time limit?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
its not really a timelimit, its just a guide
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Considering they're all related to eachother, I think it would be better to spend time on all every week. Besides, an entire week of doing some random exercises on one thing seems a bit silly.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
i appreciate your opinions (much more qualified than mine) so im still going to use the structure of the timetable but instead of a week, just move on whenever i feel comfortable with that certain technique etc, but also play that technique when learning others so i dont forget it or play sloppy,

that sounds really complicated but it really isnt, i just cant think of a way of explaining it hah
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner