Dean Playmate Edge 09 Left Handed 4-String Bass
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Playmate-Edge-09-Left-Handed-4-String-Bass-512906-i1147921.gc

is this a decent bass for a first time bassist and 3 year guitarist? i also wanna try and find an amp that will put me up to about 300 usd, so any suggestions appreciated.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day. A week later it was greenday.
If she does anythign like that again I'm going to snap her drumsticks, kick her bass drum in and frisbee her cymbals.
bad one. Dean is not a maker of fabulous gear. Id suggest looking at used models, a used Ibanez for maybe 100 plus any decent amp 100 plus a tuner and stand... and a gig bag... that will put you at your price limit,, I promise.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Dean is not generally well respected as a bass company. My first bass was a Dean, and while it still works just fine, the action is downright horrible and unfixable. I've taken it to 2 different shops for setups, one that is owned by a luthier, and it was still ridiculous when i got it back.

That said, the bass does still work after 7 years of abuse. and with the amp in the link below you'd hit about 300 USD about perfect.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B20-1x12-Bass-Combo-Amplifier-104622667-i1383305.gc
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
Dean is not generally well respected as a bass company. My first bass was a Dean, and while it still works just fine, the action is downright horrible and unfixable. I've taken it to 2 different shops for setups, one that is owned by a luthier, and it was still ridiculous when i got it back.

That said, the bass does still work after 7 years of abuse. and with the amp in the link below you'd hit about 300 USD about perfect.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B20-1x12-Bass-Combo-Amplifier-104622667-i1383305.gc

does the acoustic amp still get a good sound even if its plugged into an electric?

and what about this bass

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-VB100-LeftHanded-Series-II-Violin-Bass-?sku=512225
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day. A week later it was greenday.
If she does anythign like that again I'm going to snap her drumsticks, kick her bass drum in and frisbee her cymbals.
LOL!
Acoustic is just the name of the company, not what kind of amp it is. It's for electric basses.
And why in the world would you want a Viola bass?
I mean, unless you're trying to be Paul McCartney.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
i got as far as loading the screen and saw rogue in the address. I just cancelled the tab. the Dean would be better imo. I highly suggest you go to a guitar center/local store and look through their used gear. Maybe find an Ibanez if you want a thinner neck or a Squier if you want a more "average" width neck. jazz will be thinner than precision. Squier basses are of higher quality than what i hear of Squier guitars.

EDIT: I stand behind the amp i suggested 100%. While I never owned it because it wasn't out when I started playing, I have played through it a few times at the local guitar center and it's really nice for an amp of that range. having a 12" speaker instead the usual 8" is a huge tone improvement. It also has a 4-band eq and an actual power amp volume knob unlike my first amp which only has a gain knob for volume >.>
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jul 23, 2010,
LOL!
Acoustic is just the name of the company, not what kind of amp it is. It's for electric basses.
And why in the world would you want a Viola bass?
I mean, unless you're trying to be Paul McCartney.

haha my bad i see that now.

i got as far as loading the screen and saw rogue in the address. I just cancelled the tab. the Dean would be better imo. I highly suggest you go to a guitar center/local store and look through their used gear. Maybe find an Ibanez if you want a thinner neck or a Squier if you want a more "average" width neck. jazz will be thinner than precision. Squier basses are of higher quality than what i hear of Squier guitars.

I would rather not buy used, and most places will not have any left handed used basses, but i will look at squiers thanks for the help
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Epiphone Embassy Stand-IV, worked for me and I still use it today. Great sound and ease of use
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Being left handed really puts a damper on things. have you considered fliping a righty?
no sir away a papaya war is on
Deans and cheap BC Rich's are very bad instruments for the price. Look into something else.
What kinda music you looking to play?
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212