Page 1 of 3
sooo... i have just made a decision. I've decided im not going to pirate music anymore, instead im going to pay for it all and support the music industry. Anyone care to join me? sure, free music is great, but pirated music is killing the music industry, something that all of us as musicians enjoy and need. so why not support that? the more people who buy music instead of pirating, the better the music industry does, the more bands can get signed and better money can be made by musicians etc. anyone care to join me? lol
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Sure, buy some for me TS.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
ive been doing this for 17 years (well since i stated buying CD's) ..... feels good yo, but with the money i spent on CD's i could have bought that KV2 ive been G.A.S-ing for
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by Blackritual0
sooo... i have just made a decision. I've decided im not going to pirate music anymore, instead im going to pay for it all and support the music industry. Anyone care to join me? sure, free music is great, but pirated music is killing the music industry, something that all of us as musicians enjoy and need. so why not support that? the more people who buy music instead of pirating, the better the music industry does, the more bands can get signed and better money can be made by musicians etc. anyone care to join me? lol

Actually, musicians don't need the industry. Honestly, the industry is killing itself by not adopting the internet in a reasonable fashion... Look at magazines. People get the hard copy, and can access an online copy, which sometimes has added features. Why doesn't the industry do that, package extras with their CD's? Granted, people are going to steal music, but instead of punishing those who steal music reward those who make purchases, be they a digital or hard copy.
Unless the music industry can embrace the internet, it's going to destroy itself. File sharing will never stop, instead they need to take advantage of it.
I used to buy several CD's a week, but then I realized I'd never save up enough money for a new amp, so I slowed down a wee bit.

Even so, I've found myself pirating music I already own because I'm too lazy to import my CD's onto my computer. >_>

Quote by T.s.e
Unless the music industry can embrace the internet, it's going to destroy itself. File sharing will never stop, instead they need to take advantage of it.

iTunes? Best example I can think of. Piracy still thrives, though.
Last edited by Zeropathic at Jul 23, 2010,
I still buy music, I use Spotify as well, and the good thing is that it pays royalities.

But I usually look up an artist on that then I'll decided either to buy the CD or not.
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Jul 23, 2010,
I've thought about it, but my cd purchases aren't going to change shit and i'm hard on cash anyways so torrents it is.
Quote by Blackritual0

ill join
i bought dio's discography today
i plan on buying death's next

another way to support the music industry
buy band shirts
go to concerts
buy accessories
etc..
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Last edited by Solarstar101 at Jul 23, 2010,
I would like to buy CDs, but the thing is that most of the music I listen to can't be found in the stores here. So I have no choice but to download my music.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by L2112Lif
Actually, musicians don't need the industry. Honestly, the industry is killing itself by not adopting the internet in a reasonable fashion... Look at magazines. People get the hard copy, and can access an online copy, which sometimes has added features. Why doesn't the industry do that, package extras with their CD's? Granted, people are going to steal music, but instead of punishing those who steal music reward those who make purchases, be they a digital or hard copy.

alot of times they do, doesnt seem to change to much though...
what would you suggest? lol
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I would like to buy CDs, but the thing is that most of the music I listen to can't be found in the stores here. So I have no choice but to download my music.

you recognise you can buy music online right? through itunes and such, else you can just order the cds online, oyu dont have to torrent it ha
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Good call man. Most of my favourite artists are dead, but I always buy CD's if they have any. If I was into anything but blues, I'd be poor as hell. That must be an oxymoron.
If there's one thing that's killing music, it's the industry that's been established to capitalize on it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
atleast to support the music industry buy cd's of bands that arent on major labels
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
I buy albums I'm greatly impressed by, but not to support the music industry, to support the artists themselves. I'd much rather they were able to release the music themselves, and now that the label-driven music industry is dying and the interballs is becoming a great way to distribute things like music I think that's the sort of thing that's likely to happen.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Musicians lived for hundreds of years without selling recorded music. There was a window of about 60 years or so where the music industry became inflated by the fact that you efficiently record and produce a good quality recording, and sell these recordings with essentially no pirating issues, but that window is passed. Unfortunately, people who are not musicians still want to leach money from those who are, so they will try to keep the music industry as we know it alive as long as they can by fighting the internet
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by whalepudding
I buy albums I'm greatly impressed by, but not to support the music industry, to support the artists themselves. I'd much rather they were able to release the music themselves, and now that the label-driven music industry is dying and the interballs is becoming a great way to distribute things like music I think that's the sort of thing that's likely to happen.

what exactly is that? ive never heard of it
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Well it's very complicated, I don't know if you'll even be able to comprehend what's going on here, but what I've actually done there is I've taken the word "internet", and replaced the second syllable with "balls", meaning testicles. It's quite clever, really.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by MakinLattes
a lot of the music I like can't be found on anything but vinyl, CD, or tape. it's an expensive pain in the ass.

What else would it be on?
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93

Ionized Plasma disks.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I buy all of my CD's except for some songs I just can't get on a CD anymore (an example would be non-remastered songs). Feels good, man.
FIGHT CLUB QUOTE OF THE WEEK: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
I haven't downloaded any music since I got my first job around 3 years ago. I like owning CDs, even if all I do is rip them to my computer once and then pretty much never use them again.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by damian_91
Ionized Plasma disks.

ಠ_ಠ

Is it bad that I had to check to make sure that wasn't real?
Quote by dudetheman
If there's one thing that's killing music, it's the industry that's been established to capitalize on it.

Music has been an industry for hundreds of years...
No thanks. I don't care nearly enough about music to spend my money on it.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I'm only going to buy CD's if the band isn't on a major label.

Sony and WMG have plenty of money on them, they don't need an extra $20 from me.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by whalepudding
Well it's very complicated, I don't know if you'll even be able to comprehend what's going on here, but what I've actually done there is I've taken the word "internet", and replaced the second syllable with "balls", meaning testicles. It's quite clever, really.

lmao
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
I may pirate.
hear it.
decide..
then possibly buy it.

The New A7X Album, got it, it's pretty crap sadly.
I will not buy it (Y)
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Support a bunch of suits who turn art into a commodity for no reason other than to profit from it? No thanks. If you want to support music, buy records that bands release independently and go to concerts.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by mattman93

I mean, I can't find any torrents of them. I am unable to download due to lack of anything but hard copies.

there of been instances of having to go to the city where the band is from just to go through the used section of a music store to try to find one CD.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 23, 2010,
Quote by MakinLattes
I mean, I can't find any torrents of them. I am unable to download due to lack of anything but hard copies.

there of been instances of having to go to the city where the band is from just to go through the used section of a music store to try to find one CD.

Oh that makes a lot more sense
Yeah liking obscure bands gets expensive.
I already pay for music that i respect. Other than that, i'm pretty certain the "Support local music. Sleep with a musician" patch on my backpack makes up for anything i stole from Lars Ulrich or Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Paying like £17 quid for 10 tracks is a joke, which is what CDs cost sometimes these days. It's ridiculous.
The music "industry" is bad, so no. **** no.

Quote by TheChaz
Music has been an industry for hundreds of years...

and you're wrong son.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Support a bunch of suits who turn art into a commodity for no reason other than to profit from it? No thanks. If you want to support music, buy records that bands release independently and go to concerts.

This.

Shit, I don't even want to be signed. I've read some stuff about the industry, crazy stuff. Bad stuff. Some stuff and some junk, man.
Page 1 of 3