So - say you just purchased a guitar that costs as much as or more than a mid-sized house. What would you do with it? Would you play it? Would you play it just once? Would you maintain it everyday and keep it in a display place - yell at people when they get a step too close to it - or bite their head off?
You tell me...
Hate Me.
Last edited by TheFunInFuneral at Jul 23, 2010,
If I had one, I'd play it.

I'd still bite the heads off of people if they came too close, though.
I would play it...its a guitar...its meant to be played. I would let other musicians play around with it but I probably wouldn't let any of my friends that don't play mess with it. They wouldn't understand "what" the guitar is beyond it just being a guitar.
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
I have one. I play it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I guess I'd probably play it. My first thought was to insure the heck out of it and put it on the wall, but then I realized I play both of my $3k guitars. So, final answer - I'd play it, but probably not every day.
I will one day own a vintage Firebird. I'll find out it's not actually that pretty. It'll be a very sad day.
I would sell it to the highest bidder.
It is a guitar, but I don't even though why a person would buy one that expensive...
Quote by biga29
I have one. I play it.

He didn't say that it cost as much as a medium-sized doll house.
Quote by KG6_Steven
He didn't say that it cost as much as a medium-sized doll house.

It definitely plays better than one though...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
if it cost about the same as a medium sized house
i probably stole it
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Of course I would play it. That's the only reason I would want a good guitar.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Sell it for guitars I truly want.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
It makes me nervous to own a $600 amp. If i had a $5K+ guitar, I'd sell the bitch.
Slappa tha bass
play it, put it in a display case when i wasn't playing it
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Play it man. Keep it safe and in your house, but play the hell out of it.

Never gig with it though unless you become insanely famous and get good security
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by darkcheef
I would sell the piece of wood and get a nice house.

^That

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Zeropathic
If I had one, I'd play it.

I'd still bite the heads off of people if they came too close, though.

This.

No point in paying for any guitar if you won't play it, no point in paying that much for a guitar if you won't protect it.
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
I wouldn't purchase a guitar that costs that much. Regardless of how much money I have, there are better things I could spend it on.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
I'd sell it to buy back the mid-sized house I sold to buy the guitar.
I pride myself on my humility.
I would play it and be extra extra careful. I would always wash my hands before playing it to, and polish it often.

My friends would think I'm crazy, but they wouldn't understand.
Honestly its just a guitar I mean seriously why pay 30 grand for a 1954 les paul custom when you can just buy a new one and after like a year or two it'll look exactly the same
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by marshmellow666
i'd make a video of myself setting it on fire

this. except I might wait until Im an ol geezer, then post a video on youtube of me smashing it, pissing on it, an then setting it on fire. coolest geezer ever
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I would treat it like all my others. I would play it, put it on a wall hanger when I'm not playing, and I would gig with it. I already gig with very, very expensive gear anyways so it really wouldn't feel all that different. Guitars are meant to be played and enjoyed, not kept as a private treasure behind glass. Mark Knopfler is touring with several original 1958/1959 Les Pauls, and a whole asston of vintage strats as we speak. They are getting the best treatment of all. no guitar wants to be a display piece.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I would treat it like all my others. I would play it, put it on a wall hanger when I'm not playing, and I would gig with it. I already gig with very, very expensive gear anyways so it really wouldn't feel all that different. Guitars are meant to be played and enjoyed, not kept as a private treasure behind glass. Mark Knopfler is touring with several original 1958/1959 Les Pauls, and a whole asston of vintage strats as we speak. They are getting the best treatment of all. no guitar wants to be a display piece.

This. I don't see how someone could own an extremely nice guitar and not play it. It would annoy the piss outta to have to look at it every day...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
it would live in a case undermy bed and get played daily. No one but my closest guitar playing friends would even know I owned it.
no sir away a papaya war is on