my old fender 15G is making nothing but static sound when i turn it on i know its not the guitar or the cable i think the input jack is simply loose so im trying to save myself some money and fix it myself but the area where u plug the cable from the wall to the amp is not coming unscrewed the screws are loose in there so i just need to ply it off somehow what would anyone recommend besides a pair of plyers because im afriad it might damage it
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
its a sealed jack one you get to it. it's a replace the whole thing (jack) which is connected to a pcb.

basically this is a huge can of worms. use the power scaling on the back of the vox for low volume practice.
Quote by gregs1020
its a sealed jack one you get to it. it's a replace the whole thing (jack) which is connected to a pcb.

basically this is a huge can of worms. use the power scaling on the back of the vox for low volume practice.

i already do at home its great but its a pretty heavy amp and a big one too so its not the easiest thing to take places thats why i would like to fix my fender cause i can take it places when i sleep somewhere for a few days and its easy to transport and if i were to still try and fix it myself how much would it cost?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
no idea how much if you do it yourself.

good luck though, hopefully it's something simple.

but those jacks are sealed and a bit of a bitch to replace honestly.

maybe a tech would be less than $50. but the amp really isn't worth putting that much into imo.
Quote by gregs1020
no idea how much if you do it yourself.

good luck though, hopefully it's something simple.

but those jacks are sealed and a bit of a bitch to replace honestly.

maybe a tech would be less than $50. but the amp really isn't worth putting that much into imo.

well now im not sure what to do then its only worth about $80 so i wouldnt even bother putting anywhere near $50 in it if i can get the parts 4 around $10 or $20 ill try to do it myself btw i sent you a request add me you seem to know about these fenders so if i have anymore questions id wanna ask i know who to come to
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby