Dragonforce can do pinch harmonics?

That seems waayyy too complex for them.
Quote by Amaseng

Bahahaha even though they'd still shit over me, well said.
I thought Herman Li has 2 digitech whammys?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Jordan5150
I've looked at this pedal, and if so, how is this done?

No, the whammy sounds and the harmonics sound vastly different when you know what you're looking for.

Quote by Quaned
I thought Herman Li has 2 digitech whammys?

He might own 2 but he only uses one at once, what would be the point? So you could go 4 octaves up instead of two?

You might be thinking of the part where he uses a whammy and a wah at the same time?

Quote by Amaseng

Dragonforce may once have been terrible live but not only are they getting better at it (last time I saw them I was almost impressed by how much they've improved) but I would bet large sums of money that if you sit them, and you in a studio they'll kick your ass all over the mixing desk. Make fun all you like but they've both got some impressive chops although weirdly enough their bassist is better than both of them...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jul 24, 2010,
not, pinch harmonics are overtones and sound unique. compared to the whammy pedal's pitch shifting which sounds natural for a little then really digital.

I'm pretty sure i know what ur thinking of but, and they're not pinch harmonics. They natural harmonics but in unnatural positions. Next time ur shredding away trying hitting a natural harmonic on the 3rd fret, lower the whammy bar and u'll know how they did it.

What this does is creates a really high pitch harmonic, and then u can move it around at will with the bar.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Actually, they are just pinches (listen to My Spirit Will Go On intro) if ya want more examples, im your guys
Quote by Night_Warrior
Actually, they are just pinches (listen to My Spirit Will Go On intro) if ya want more examples, im your guys

Where's this 'My spirit will go on' intro?
they have high output pickups going through BIG hi-gain amps... pinch harmonics are gonna sound good!!! and with that much power... they're so easy to do!!! if there's any mad note bending it will be done with trem bar

I find they only use whammy pedals on the parts that sound horrible

Anyone who thinks anyone uses 2 whammys is silly... how would you do it and why? The digitech whammy can already pitch bend up 2 octaves, more than enough