Ok i know this should be in gamespot or something but this is the only website im registered to that has a forum (not much of a gamer just cod waw and soon to be RE5). I bought RE5 and installed it and i cant view any movie or gameplay i tried a patch but its too slow and i cant see their heads just teeth and eyes kinda funny for 2 minutes. its cause i have a radeon X1650 which is crap because the newer games are running slow. oh well!

My Question what is a good video card that could run newer games has to be above the ATI HD 2400 pro ,because thats the minimum requirement, for a reasonable price >$80-$100 i guess .2400 is $40 new
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102855

ATI 4670 with 1gig of memory = $77 or $66 after rebate. that one also has a vga output and a dvi output. make sure you have the PCI Express 2.0 x16 or at least a PCE Express x16 to plug it into.

Come now guys. this is simple. we can answer the question faster than a mod can move it
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Matt420740

This one only has dvi outputs and TS hasn't told us what type of cable he currently has. Sure, he could buy an adapter but that's added cost.

So TS, what kind of port are we dealing with here and what cable are you currently using?

If you're still using vga you definitely want a card with vga and dvi so if you get a new monitor you can use the dvi and not have any added hassle.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by Revelation
This one only has dvi outputs and TS hasn't told us what type of cable he currently has. Sure, he could buy an adapter but that's added cost.

So TS, what kind of port are we dealing with here and what cable are you currently using?

If you're still using vga you definitely want a card with vga and dvi so if you get a new monitor you can use the dvi and not have any added hassle.

Sorry Dude i dont know its my dads computer and i wish i could tell you what computer it is but its a rig built from scratch its fairly fast on the windows vista performance rater its a 4.5 because the video is the lowest score so when i replace that

Quote by Bearded_Seth

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
if you wanna play RE5, chances are even a 4650-4670 wont get you much unless you play at like uber low settings. if you're not a FPS freak like me, then i guess you can play it but make not that it will be choppy. for maybe 20 dollars more you can actually get a 4870 or a 5770 which can easily play the games that you want. also, don't buy from frys. they rip you off
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by Thrash_Head1990
Quote by jmonko
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178317
Computer thread ^^

You can't just throw any video card in there.
What motherboard do you have?
Also, what wattage is your power supply?

Sorry Dude i dont know its my dads computer and i wish i could tell you what computer it is but its a rig built from scratch its fairly fast on the windows vista performance rater its a 4.5 because the video is the lowest score so when i replace that

im going to move my first post to the computer thread. i didnt know we had one

Quote by Bearded_Seth

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
go with the 5770. you might as well spend the extra 20 bucks, since in the long run, it'll run better with games in the future than the 5650 or a HD 2400XT. Make sure your other computer parts won't bottleneck the card if you do get the 5770.
www.ultimate-videocard.com
Quote by jmonko
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178317
Computer thread ^^

You can't just throw any video card in there.
What motherboard do you have?
Also, what wattage is your power supply?

Also this. You could buy the best video card in the world, but if it's not the right kind for your motherboard / wrong output for your monitor it won't matter.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by jmonko
5770 is more then just $20 more.
Also, I live next to a Frys and its really not that bad.

like 50 bucks.
you go to frys, and you spend an extra 30-40 for video cards. learned the hard way.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by jmonko
I did the same thing, but then I accounted for tax and shipping and it almost evened out.

most items on newegg have free shipping. but yes, if you don't want to deal with all that, go to frys.
back on topic, i just remembered ati came out with the new 4770. its in between 46xx and 48xx. This should work fine for you. Make sure you have a pci-e slot and enough power in your power supply/6 pin connector.