Absolute ****ing legend, wrote some of the most influential literature/journalism ever and was the one man to most effectively call out the hippies on the fallacies inherent in their culture.

This thread is for discussing the great man and his works.
never heard of him

ViciousEDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_S._Thompson
read it. still uninterested
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Last edited by :Vicious-- at Jul 24, 2010,
Liked Fear and Loathing, loved the Rum Diary, hated the Great Shark Hunt.
He's a bit boring when he rambles about politics and the like, but I guess you have to accept that as it is journalism. Many of his articles seem fairly out-dated, but his novels are amazing.
"If people only did everything they wanted, everyone would just spend all day sitting on the carpet, watching the poker channel, wanking and eating those expensive German biscuits. Probably."
absolute ****ing genius, my favorite is still Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (the book, not the movie), Hell's Angels is a close second, and all of the Gonzo papers are worth a read. Better than Sex, is also good.

Hell, lets just say all of his books are my favorite.
Love his stories, and even stories people wrote about him...

I've read about how he invited a guy and the guy's girlfriend to his house, telling him to come in if he doesnt answer. Then when they came in, Hunter jumps out with a shotgun, blasts a hole in the wall a few feet from where the guy is standing. They run away, get int he car, and drive off, and hunter chases them down in his car shooting at them... Then when he catches up, he tells them that he was just messing with them...

Another story was how he and someone were rinking at the bar, when a hippie couple who were sitting next to him realized who he was. They started talking to him but he ignored them. Then they offered him a vial of cocaine. So thompson takes the vial, quickly empties it out on the hippie girls boobs, buries his face in them and the powder, wipes his face off, turns around and goes back to talking to the guy like nothing happened.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
As weird as it sounds, his suicide note was pretty cool.

"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt."
I enjoyed Hells angels loads. His writing style is amazing and some of his antics are legendary. I just love in the book how he's describing a time when he's just in his own house shooting out windows with various guns. And also the time when his lawyer friend tried to drive through his front door in a car.

Also anyone seen the documentary where they go to vegas and the documentary guy goes to his room in the morning and he's just sitting there with white make up all over his face.