So I learned I'm going to be getting a new bass a week before the show my band's playing. Now I know I've posted a shit-ton of threads in the past. But I need you guys to help me come up with a list of basses I should try before I make my decision. Like I've said in the past, I play Deathcore. I need a 4 string bass. $800 or under. I WILL go used. I've just asking for recommendations, not asking for you guys to pick out a bass for me like a lot of people complain about. I just need a list of basses to try out. And whoever recommends the bass I pick...I'll give 'em a cookie or something. So there will be some sort of prize...kinda. I dunno. But so far on the list I have.

(See Thru Black Cherry)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-F414FM-Flame-Maple-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=620048
(See Thru Black Cherry)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Viper414-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=620054
(Honey Blonde Or Wine transparent)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Highway-One-Jazz-Bass?sku=512761
(Old Violin Sunburst)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-BB614-Active-4String-Bass?sku=519161
(Silverburst)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sterling-by-Music-Man-RAY34-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=580995
(Black Wash)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traben-Chaos-Core-4-Electric-Bass?sku=515970
(Hopefully Trans Black)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Heritage-Classic-Mockingbird-Bass?sku=512651
(only color they have)
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Paul-Romanko-PRB2-Signature-Bass-Guitar?sku=580519

I'll add to the list when you guys give me recommendations =P
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Not a huge fan of the LTD Viper or F series... For deathcore... No jazz, music man.. All those "scene kids" will be like "****** plays an old person bass guh huhhhh." Never liked Yamaha's to begin with... But some poeple like them.
Best bet in that list is probably the BC Rich or Traben...

I don't have much serious experience with 4 strings though, only ones I've ever owned are Squire P and LTD MD-500 (which I'm regretting I let go of... but that thing was solid... doubt you'll find one any more though).
Then I got hooked on 6ers
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by King Of Suede
Not a huge fan of the LTD Viper or F series... For deathcore... No jazz, music man.. All those "scene kids" will be like "****** plays an old person bass guh huhhhh." Never liked Yamaha's to begin with... But some poeple like them.
Best bet in that list is probably the BC Rich or Traben...

I don't have much serious experience with 4 strings though, only ones I've ever owned are Squire P and LTD MD-500 (which I'm regretting I let go of... but that thing was solid... doubt you'll find one any more though).
Then I got hooked on 6ers

I could honestly care what the scene kids say. A lot of people I know play Jazz basses. And Attila's bassist and Escape The Fate's bassist both play Music Man.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
BC Rich dude!
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
Up your budget by about $100 and get a used Spector Rebop.

EDIT: Here's a used one for 759. Dunno where I got $900 from
Last edited by consecutive e at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by consecutive e
Up your budget by about $100 and get a used Spector Rebop.

EDIT: Here's a used one for 759. Dunno where I got $900 from

There's a day left on the bid and I doubt it'll still be up by the time I get my money. I'll look for a used Spector Rebop though.

Quote by the_unforgiven6
BC Rich dude!

Mkay....but why?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by Nolanrox at Jul 24, 2010,
instead of the PRB-2, get a SRX690 or similar.
Imo they're much better for the money.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I've never been impressed with LTD's in comparison to similarly priced basses from other companies. That being said you may have a different opinion regarding their tone and feel, but all those are fairly solid basses. I would most highly recommend the Fender, the Yamaha, or the Traben out of those choices. I second the suggestion for checking out a used Spector Rebop, and suggest maybe look for a used Warwick Corvette (you should be able to find them for around $800). Another option would be to look at a new Peavey Cirrus BXP, or try to find a used USA Cirrus within your budget.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I found someone selling a used SRX 705 for $400. I asked for pictures and I'm going to try to check it out soon. I also found a BTB 5 string for $300. Curious on the model though.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
I would go with the Ray, the Traben or the Ibanez.

The Ibanez and the Traben are the "typical" metal/core basses.
The Ray is cooler imo, and has more diversity if your band ever pulls a BTBAM, but it has a fairly punchy tone, which I assume you don't want?

Enjoy whatever you get dude, and link us to your band!

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

http://www.myspace.com/fearismyfate

We're going through a bunch of changes. I have yet to record with these guys. But the new song pretty much sums up what kind of music we are. We still need a vocalist and we're changing the name.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Mate, you can't leave it up to us to decide what tone or feel you're going to like more for your band. You obviously know what basses you have in mind, so go out there and try them out! :-) Try thousands of songs on all the basses you see that you like and I can guarantee that you will know which is the one for you. All we can do is give you personal opinions / experiences or give you facts based on what the specs are.

Good luck!
Did you not read the main post? xD
I just asked for recommendations on basses I should try out.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Traben or Ibanez would fit perfectly. I own an ESP and I'm happy with it, so I'd suggest that you give it a shot.
I have seen used EBMM Musicman 4's in your price range, so check for those.

Out of the ones you picked, I would chose the Fender. Mostly because it is a really comfortable and well made bass. The sound should suit your style as long as you favor the bridge pickup.
Quote by Nolanrox
Did you not read the main post? xD
I just asked for recommendations on basses I should try out.

I'm sorry, but you're answering your own questions...

Quote by Nolanrox
I need you guys to help me come up with a list of basses I should try before I make my decision.

You say that and then you end your main post with a - wait for it - list .

You've named most of the basses that are in your budget range. Instead of posting more threads on the forums you could be trying out basses and then comeback with more of an idea of what you like and what you don't. You've done 10 threads and they've all been about the same thing.

I have no idea of how long you've been playing bass, but I used an Ibanez SR300 today and IMO it had the same feel and playability of a "good" bass. I'm not here to judge anyone by the way, you can go and spend 20 k's on a bass for all I care.
I've been playing bass for 5 and a half years. The company that I try to stay away from is Schecter. I had a Custom 4 and the neck bowed so much during a show that it started to crack.

But Hellhammerr, when you start playing shows, and your tone REALLY matters, you'll understand why it's so hard to find a bass.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
I've been playing bass for 5 and a half years. The company that I try to stay away from is Schecter. I had a Custom 4 and the neck bowed so much during a show that it started to crack.

But Hellhammerr, when you start playing shows, and your tone REALLY matters, you'll understand why it's so hard to find a bass.

I've played more shows then you'll ever imagine. ;-) And you're no one, as far as I'm concerned, to guess what I've done and what I haven't.

Also, how are WE supposed to know what tone you like? Just wait a second... I just said that! Why are you contradicting yourself? Don't make me quote please, but I told you "We can't choose what tone you like" and you replied "Didn't you read the main topic?" then you say you want recommendations and I tell you that only you can say which one will feel the best to you. Then you start telling me that it's the tone that is your main concern.

Mate, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but REALLY consider going to try some out instead of depending on us

I've said my bit. Go and try some out in your local guitar store, and comeback with an idea of what you want. As for the rest of the threads you make, or this thread, I won't be answering anymore if it's about the same thing. Like most of us.

Good luck!
You've played more shows than I could ever imagine?
I'm pretty sure you're not a touring musician, especially since you constantly complain about your BC Rich. I mean, you can't call me "no one" when you're pretty much just like everyone else on the internet. I really could care less if you don't say anything in my threads. Pretty much all you do is complain about BC Rich. You don't contribute to anything besides looking like an ass on the internet.
I just want recommendations, that all I'm asking and then I'll go and try them out over the span of 3 weeks. Pretty simple. Yet you managed to turn it into this huge shitfest.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
You've played more shows than I could ever imagine?
I'm pretty sure you're not a touring musician, especially since you constantly complain about your BC Rich. I mean, you can't call me "no one" when you're pretty much just like everyone else on the internet. I really could care less if you don't say anything in my threads. Pretty much all you do is complain about BC Rich. You don't contribute to anything besides looking like an ass on the internet.
I just want recommendations, that all I'm asking and then I'll go and try them out over the span of 3 weeks. Pretty simple. Yet you managed to turn it into this huge shitfest.

What the **** are you on about? Your telling me now that your a touring musician, yet you need help from a forum to buy a bass? That band doesn't really look worthy of touring, unless you really think you have a chance against the rest of the plague of deathcore bands that continuously keep making the same sound and same boring breakdowns. You've been going on with infinite threads about the same old crap. Wow I can't believe I'm explaining it all over again.

And "I'm pretty sure you're not a touring musician, especially since you constantly complain about your BC Rich." WOW I'm somewhat of a bullshiter myself but occasionally I enjoy listening to an expert. I play guitar, and not just bass. But do you really think that I need to go around announcing to everyone about what bands I play in just to prove you wrong? You think that from 3 replies you know exactly what my musical status is? 'Cause to be totally honest the impression that you give me is a lost bassist with to much to handle with a "touring band". You've been answered 1904801293 times on all your posts. What are you waiting for?! Go and try them out for ****s sake. A post every now and then about a bass you've seen for sale cheap or something like that is fine, but your making a thread every day about a different bass... Absurd. On top of that you make this thread that's just a list of every bass you've ever had an interest in.

GO - AND - TRY - THEM - OUT

Now I'm going to, unfortunately, get told off (or worse) from the Mods 'cause of some weird "touring" bassist. Great!

EDIT: Going to band practice as a bassist, in one of my several bands. So I won't be able to answer what ever nonsense you answer with immediately. Have a nice one!
Last edited by Hellhammerr at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Hellhammerr
*hurp durp*

you must be trolling

???
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

I'm sure I speak for the rest of the forum when I say: both of you, shhhhh.

Nolanrox, any closer to making a decision?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

You should ask someone at the store what the best bass they have for your price is. I got my Ibanez K5 for like £100 cheaper than the list price because "that was all the money that i had", so you never know, you could get a $1000 bass if your lucky.

BTW, that wasn't really all the money that I had, if you didn't get it.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Hellhammerr
What the **** are you on about? Your telling me now that your a touring musician, yet you need help from a forum to buy a bass? That band doesn't really look worthy of touring, unless you really think you have a chance against the rest of the plague of deathcore bands that continuously keep making the same sound and same boring breakdowns. You've been going on with infinite threads about the same old crap. Wow I can't believe I'm explaining it all over again.

And "I'm pretty sure you're not a touring musician, especially since you constantly complain about your BC Rich." WOW I'm somewhat of a bullshiter myself but occasionally I enjoy listening to an expert. I play guitar, and not just bass. But do you really think that I need to go around announcing to everyone about what bands I play in just to prove you wrong? You think that from 3 replies you know exactly what my musical status is? 'Cause to be totally honest the impression that you give me is a lost bassist with to much to handle with a "touring band". You've been answered 1904801293 times on all your posts. What are you waiting for?! Go and try them out for ****s sake. A post every now and then about a bass you've seen for sale cheap or something like that is fine, but your making a thread every day about a different bass... Absurd. On top of that you make this thread that's just a list of every bass you've ever had an interest in.

GO - AND - TRY - THEM - OUT

Now I'm going to, unfortunately, get told off (or worse) from the Mods 'cause of some weird "touring" bassist. Great!

EDIT: Going to band practice as a bassist, in one of my several bands. So I won't be able to answer what ever nonsense you answer with immediately. Have a nice one!

lol.
lrn2read.
kthnx.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Bassist Rising
You should ask someone at the store what the best bass they have for your price is. I got my Ibanez K5 for like £100 cheaper than the list price because "that was all the money that i had", so you never know, you could get a $1000 bass if your lucky.

BTW, that wasn't really all the money that I had, if you didn't get it.

Hahaha, I'm definitely going to try that.

I've been really looking at BC Rich's though. I mean, I've heard a few complaints about them but nothing that can't be easily fixed. And I'm talking about the high end models. I'm really liking the BC Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe 4.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Why do I bother using a forum full of teenagers going through puberty and with raging hormones? Anyway I love it when kids are stupid enough to contradict them selfs and later not know how to justify it haha.
Quote by Hellhammerr
Why do I bother using a forum full of teenagers going through puberty and with raging hormones? Anyway I love it when kids are stupid enough to contradict them selfs and later not know how to justify it haha.

You tell me. You act like just like one.
Somehow you manage to take 2 lines of words and turn it into a page of nonsense.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by Nolanrox at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by Nolanrox
You tell me. You act like just like one.
Somehow you manage to take 2 lines of words and turn it into a page of nonsense.

Sorry, I forgot. I should be treating you like the touring musician you are.
Ok I'm just going to report this so a mod can sort it out. Seriously, guys, not needed.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

The thing I don't understand, is I just want recommendations, I never once said I was a touring musician. Some people did, that. Actually, most people did that. They recommended basses that would work for the music I played. This thread did well for a short period of time. But I do thank all the guys who have helped me. If any one else has any other recommendations or has had any problems with one or more of the basses listed on the first post, please let me know. =]
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by Nolanrox at Jul 26, 2010,
I'll definitely keep it to this thread. I'm just in a major hurry to find a bass.
I apologize.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92