what are some good amps and guitars for indie rock and dream rock, bands include arctic monkeys, the fratellis, the libertines, the strokes, vampire weekend, young galaxy, velvet underground, the shins, the smiths.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Don't you just love the irony of this thread?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
? what.
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Don't you just love the irony of this thread?

but anyway i think the OP is looking for a telecaster and an orange, marshall, or egnater
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
hate teles had a fender custom relic and sold it
roland AC90

also how the hell do you see marshall and egnater in there?
roland AC90

Just about any Fender guitar through a Fender Twin Reverb amplifier should do it for you.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
vox amp would do the trick as well, but i would tend to agree with fatalgear: fender all the way is your best bet
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
yeah im leaning more towards an ac30hh i was just looking for more ideas than conventional strat, tele, jazzmaster kinda thing.
roland AC90

rickenbacker? es335?
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
im gonna go try some rics tomorrow thanks for the added suggestions btw
roland AC90

how do you not see them as suitable amps? anything could be used, thats really what indie is, its not a genre its a classification. thats what the irony is, you gave us a list of bands and asked what gear would be good for playing indie like this. you can use anything if youre playing indie, any band that doesnt follow a trend is technically indie. you were basically asking what trend of gear could be used for this trend of bands(for lack of better words, you know what i mean) if youre looking for indie gear, to play indie music, the answer is anything. i could use y gibson and jet city to play indie, i could use an esp and engl to play indie, or a fender and fender etc. but for the bands you listed, i would say everything i said before, and also agree with the others that posted.

also, it could be debated that indie is a trend but thats not what this thread is for lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by Linqua5150
how do you not see them as suitable amps? anything could be used, thats really what indie is, its not a genre its a classification. thats what the irony is, you gave us a list of bands and asked what gear would be good for playing indie like this. you can use anything if youre playing indie, any band that doesnt follow a trend is technically indie. you were basically asking what trend of gear could be used for this trend of bands(for lack of better words, you know what i mean) if youre looking for indie gear, to play indie music, the answer is anything. but for the bands you listed, i would say everything i said before, and also agree with the others that posted.

also, it could be debated that indie is a trend but thats not what this thread is for lol

its been called indie for about 30 years i call it more so garage rock revival but i was trying to keep it a level that wouldn't confuse anyone. dont think a plexi could rip out some fratellis though....
roland AC90

Just had a listen to a Fratellis song and a plexi could easily pull off all of the tones that I heard. Plexis have some of the best cleans around.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Just had a listen to a Fratellis song and a plexi could easily pull off all of the tones that I heard. Plexis have some of the best cleans around.

yea i did the same thing and thought the same thing, then i rushed to close the tab lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
you could play a whole new genre of indie with a esp and a plexi.........indiecore?
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
yeah but buying a plexi for cleans seems like the wrong reason to buy one.
roland AC90

Quote by northernboy1987
you could play a whole new genre of indie with a esp and a plexi.........indiecore?

win
roland AC90

kind of a stupid question dude...you can play indie with anything and the bands you mentioned all use completely different gear. Arctic monkeys? strats teles and broncos with orange/vox/hiwatt. The smiths? twin reverbs with rickenbackers/es-335's/les pauls. Libertines? gibsons with ac30's/marshalls.

See what i'm getting at here?