Page 1 of 2
so guys i was just wondering what are some pieces of gear that want more than anything but have never been able to find.

mine would be

1. Selmer zodiac 30

2. fender starcaster

3. maple fretboard jazzmaster

GO
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
how did you afford one?
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

A Nice ESP custom shop guitar.

I did my dream guitar once, it cost 7300$...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
original Sunn model T.

I hate living in australia, I see people on youtube who own, like, 3 of them.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Worked my ass off for a few years at full time jobs, and saved nearly all of it.

its not impossible you know.

not saying it is. $4500 is just alot for a head.
roland AC90

Mesa Mark IIC+
ADA Flanger
And one of these, but a 7 string, and an original Dargie with the martini glass inlays, not the caramel apple colour like this one.
very very very true
roland AC90

Quote by littlephil
Mesa Mark IIC+
ADA Flanger
And one of these, but a 7 string, and an original Dargie with the martini glass inlays, not the caramel apple colour like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250669237847&viewitem=
roland AC90

It took years of watching before I saw an Abbey Harmonic II come up for sale. I had to drive for a while to get it but it was worth the wait. People who own them seem to hang onto them.
But of course the rarest thing that I'd like but will never see is Clapton's original Bluesbreaker combo. But of course who wouldn't? (Chainsaw death metal merchants need not reply )
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
ohhh my B
roland AC90

No worries. The real things are rare as f$&k, theres only about 1500 original IIC+'s.
A good gibson SG

A H||H IC100 amp (solid state)

A "brownface" fender tremolux amp (not like the blackface version on littlephils pic weird that a version of my "dream" amp is in the background of someone elses pic)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Skagasm
so guys i was just wondering what are some pieces of gear that want more than anything but have never been able to find.

mine would be

1. Selmer zodiac 30

2. fender starcaster

3. maple fretboard jazzmaster

GO

My friend has one, I play it time to time... it suxors. Actually, he sold it to another friend and he used it for parts!
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Well I was able to find one, but still I gassed for one for years

Wizard Modern Classic

Wow that is a rare find...I've NEVER saw a wizard anywhere!

Some stuff I wish I had that I'll never find/afford is an original Superfuzz,PRS hfs humbuckers (only found 1 site that sells them) ,another vintage les paul custom (prolly the dumbest thing I ever did was sell the one I had),a pedalboard that I'm totally happy with....
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Cathbard
It took years of watching before I saw an Abbey Harmonic II come up for sale. I had to drive for a while to get it but it was worth the wait. People who own them seem to hang onto them.
But of course the rarest thing that I'd like but will never see is Clapton's original Bluesbreaker combo. But of course who wouldn't? (Chainsaw death metal merchants need not reply )

I've actauly saw a vintage bluesbreaker....this dinky used shop in the middle of nowhere back in like 1995 the guy put an ad in the paper here about a 77 les paul for 700 bucks so I told my dad and we drove the 35 miles or so out in the country when we got there this dude had tons of rare stuff....he had the marshall for 5500 bucks I played through it...sounded really cool...I ended up buying a bunch of stuff from him for awhile till he went out of business....I bought a 80s fender bassman 10 amp with a fender 2 12 cab for 200 bucks hahaha...I got a old fender blender from him for 75 bucks...god I wish I knew what I know now back then

Quote by pbiggie
I wouldn't mind having one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2g1PhFMT6I

Holy crap man that sounded amazing!!! At first I was like hmmm this sucks but the drive channel had so much body to it wow

1960's daphine blue jazzmaster
Late 80's pensa suhr
SG modded to frank zappa's spec:

you are what you is
Quote by rdobson2

well I had to have it imported from the USA so i bought it sight unseen, but they are actually quite common for sale on TGP now... but not in white like mine

Quote by SimplyBen
I own my dream amp.

for dream amp ownership.... how good is it to not have any amp GAS at all?
Quote by vitchb
My friend has one, I play it time to time... it suxors. Actually, he sold it to another friend and he used it for parts!

Those go for crazy money on ebay to Greenwood fan boys. In fact there is one on the bay for £3k now

What sucked about it?
I GAS for the custom made Gretsch guitar that Jack White uses.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by odewire
Those go for crazy money on ebay to Greenwood fan boys. In fact there is one on the bay for £3k now

What sucked about it?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Starcaster by Fender line of guitars that is below Squier in terms of price and pecking order. You're talking about (I assume) a rare, limited run Fender that is very nice. There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by rdobson2
Holy crap man that sounded amazing!!! At first I was like hmmm this sucks but the drive channel had so much body to it wow

I know right? I mainly play stoner rock/metal so cleans don't really mean a whole lot to me, I think this amp would be perfect for me if I could afford one.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Oldmonkeys
for dream amp ownership.... how good is it to not have any amp GAS at all?

Well, not amp GAS
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by mergapoot
1960's daphine blue jazzmaster
Late 80's pensa suhr
SG modded to frank zappa's spec:

my SG looks almost exactly like that, but doesn't have a binding lol

I'd want a marshall 6100 head, I'm craving the almost-already-sold-out new gibson LP studio with p-90s limited edition (long gone the goldtop)

edit: my SG doesn't have the switches between the pots though, actually all it does have isshiny humbuckers, dot inlays and a faded finish lol... though I can't i magine it being hard to add these things, and it's not a very expensive guitar...
Last edited by Darkflame at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by vitchb

I think he was talking about the "proper" fender starcaster which is a quite rare, discontinued fender hollowbody, not in any way linked to the shitty argos catalog strat knockoff.

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by rdobson2

Wut?
I can buy them at a local guitar store, so no they are not that rare
Quote by Sguit
Wut?
I can buy them at a local guitar store, so no they are not that rare

Oh...I've never saw one though man...I saw them in mags back when I used to keep up with the trendy side of guitar playing lol

a White amp. they were built by Fender as a thank you to Forrest White, one of the people who was instrumental to Fender's success (no pun intended). Only 1500 were produced and they are pretty much tweed Princeton's on sound/electronics.

Pretty much any good Lefty guitar is rare. I have yet to see a Lefty PRS in real life. the fact that the company as zero production of lefties kind of pisses me off. I got to try a Les Paul Deluxe the other day through a Fender Super clone. If i had the $3000, i would've loved to buy it. but I'll probably never see it again.

That's why I hate John Mcenroe. He has TWO vintage lefty les pauls, one of them being probably one of the only lefty '59 burst in existance.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 24, 2010,
Emex Londaxe, too bad I'll never have one...

Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I would like a Boss CE-1. They aren't really that hard to find online, they just go for ridiculous prices (for a pedal). I also wouldn't mind an original Ibanez WH10. I love my reissue, but an original would just be so sweet.
Quote by littlephil
No worries. The real things are rare as f$&k, theres only about 1500 original IIC+'s.

and I'm pretty sure Neil Young has at least a few of those...
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Page 1 of 2