Hi,
I've got a taylor 410ce-LTD and was just wondering if from the pictures you know whether it's too "wet". It has more curve on the back than my other acoustic which is pretty much flat. Is this just normal for a taylor? It plays great and the action seems fine to me.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Let me know whether some different photos would be useful.

Images
there are many guitars which have a curved back..... there is nothing wrong with your guitar.

there are acoustic guitars with a flat back, and there are acoustic guitars with curved backs.
both have different acoustics, these small differences make different guitars sound different.
Quote by res_au
Hi,
I've got a taylor 410ce-LTD and was just wondering if from the pictures you know whether it's too "wet". It has more curve on the back than my other acoustic which is pretty much flat. Is this just normal for a taylor? It plays great and the action seems fine to me.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Let me know whether some different photos would be useful.

Images

It's perfectly normal and desireable for there to be a convex shape to the back surface. Strength is derived from this and also tone. Rarely will you ever see an acoustic guitar with a completely flat back, and if you do be suspicious of it having problems. Many people don't realize that the back is nearly as important as the front is for sound projection and volume. Try this once, play a few chords on your Taylor with the back held firmly up against your belly. Now play those same chords with an air space between the back and your belly. There will be an audible difference. Thus the shape, rigidity, bracing all play into this, and Taylor knows what they're doing when it comes to making quality acoustic guitars.