my friend just recently bought an epiphone les paul jr with only the bridge pickup and one volume and one tone control for 130... normally, i could care less for a guitar like that, but my god it sounds amazing, the one bridge pickup packs such a walloping punch, i love it!!

i also saw the Mars Volta live a couple of months ago and I do remember how powerful Omar Rodriguez's tone was on his single pickup guitar

now i'm on the market searching for single pickup guitars and was wondering if the good people here at UG would happen to know any other brands or types of single pickup guitars that i could look into besides les paul jrs and fender esquires
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Charvel makes a single-humbucker strat w/ a Floyd Rose trem, Jackson makes a Randy Rhoads signature with a single humbucker/Floyd combination, I believe Kramer makes a single-humbucker strat-like guitar as well. Gibson made the ES-140 which was a 3/4 scale single-pickup hollowbody quite a while ago. That's all I can think of off the top of my head
There's the Alexi Laiho sig which my friend has and that is beast, a couple other ESP guitars have them also.

I'm really digging single humbucker guitars at the moment. I want to make my own guitar and that is the path I wanna go down.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Buy a strat or stratlike thing. Buy a blank scratchplate. Cut out a hole for one pickup only. Fit favourite pickup. Reassemble. Job done.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Godin redline 1
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinredline1p.htm

it's looks much better in real life. the pics sucks.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
IMO, they are only cool for the extra room in the controls cavity. You can do all kinds of fun things.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
G&L Rampage....used to create jerry cantrells sound...I used to have an aria pro guitar with a single humbucker....tons of evh copycat guitars in the 80s man....any shitty used shop should carry some of those lol

Oh fender tom delounge sig strat
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Cathbard
Buy a strat or stratlike thing. Buy a blank scratchplate. Cut out a hole for one pickup only. Fit favourite pickup. Reassemble. Job done.

Totally agree.....or I was thinking squier makes a 1 pickup bullet strat for 100 bucks still I think...get one of those and swap out the pickup for something alittle better and get it setup and you got a nice guitar for pretty cheap
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
BC Rich make the Gunslinger, some models of Fender Esquire have one pup, PRS used to make the SE One, and what Cathbard said...

hey Swamp, i'm really jealous that u won the Fulltone OCD in the Rob Chappers fruit pedal contest.

did u receive the pedal yet?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Why is having a single pickup so great does the lack of a neck pickup somehow improve the sound of the bridge pickup?
Quote by althebold711
Why is having a single pickup so great does the lack of a neck pickup somehow improve the sound of the bridge pickup?

I think it’s really more about musicians limiting their hardware and forcing themselves to think outside of any electric guitar gimmicks.