hey guys im thinking of bying a epiphone and a pod x3 live but i need suggestions for an amp

im in a church band so i need like a light distortion and good clean sound but wen im at home i play metalcore (parkway drive) so im looking for an amp that can do that for me but like i dont want an amp with heaps of settings on it because thats why im bying the pedal. also should i buy a tube or solid state?

sorry if thats confusing.
Last edited by theladchaplad at Jul 24, 2010,
why do u need the POD x3 live. Just buy an really good tube amp instead of a digital multi effects pedal.

whats ur budget?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
why do u need the POD x3 live. Just buy an really good tube amp instead of a digital multi effects pedal.

whats ur budget?

well i prob dont wont to go any higher than 1000 and i dont want an amp thats all fiddly cause im gunna use the pedal for all the effects cause like chruch music u use quite a few effects and id rather have it at my feet
dont get the pod. u might like the pod cuz it has tons of amp models and effects but trust me, u'll get sick of the digital tone and will want a tube amp.

get a blackstar ht-40. has nice cleans and distortion. also very versatile. and for effects get single pedals. the pod has 100s of effects but u'll probably only end up using a few.

however, if u really want to get the pod, get an amp with an effects loop. A peavey classic 30 takes pedals well.
In NSW... if you can get a HT40, that's a good suggestion, a Bugera 333/XL would work for you too if you can get one at a decent price. 1000AUD isn't a whole lot if you're looking at the new market, you may have to go used.
Rebel 20 sounds great with my friends multifx setup. He uses a GSP1101 in the loop of a GT-10, then goes into the FX return of the Rebel. The Rebel has both 6V6 and EL84 power tubes, and you can blend them. Awesome tone.