Hi!

So, I've been playing more blues/rock lately, and would like an alternative to my Ibanez S.

I want something old school - I've been looking through fenders, gibsons, and guilds mostly. I'm leaning mostly towards a Tele tbh. What do people think, MIJ 80s, or 90s/00s US?

My budget is 700-900, looking to play dire straits, SRV kind of stuff.
I definitely want to go used, and am really just want something that plays well.

I'd appreciate any recommendations people may have.
i'd get a strat for Dire straits/SRv not a tele.

i rec. a Fender roadworn 50/60s strat or a Fender Mexican standard strat with pickup change

u could also get a used MIA strat.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Fender roadhouse or lone star strats! They have high quality pickups and are very well built, at a great price. One has a humbucker in the bridge, the other is the standard S-S-S, I forgot which is which.
You can definitely find a used MIA Strat in that price range. A MIJ Strat will likely be par with a MIA Strat. Either one will do you just fine.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
You could get the last used Schecter C-1 Artist II on MF for $300. That'll play anything. I think that would be the best value...

But you want old school... so maybe a Highway 1 HSS strat or used MIA Strat?
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 24, 2010,