Hey Guys,

I'm using a Schecter Omen Extreme Diamond Series Guitar with Stock schecter pups. I THINK the body is made out of basswood. So this is the issue, i don't really like the sound of my guitar.

It sounds muddy and
it isn't really versatile as i like to
play anything from
Porcupine Tree to
Metallica to
Velvet Revolver to
Oasis to
Arctic Monkeys.

So....Should i get new pickups or get a brand new guitar? Here's the catch. I'm trying to keep cost as low as possible.

Don't even talk about amps though. coz when i gig, i dont use my own amp. ill be using the amp provided by the venue for example a marshall TSL or JVM or might even be Laneys. So amp is out of my control.

For those unable to help, Thanks for reading though.
My Current Gear:

Schecter Diamond Series Omen Extreme

Vox Tonelab ST
depends do you have the cash to buy a new guitar and do you have any issues other thann the muddiness pickups can make a huge different and alot of lower end stock pickups are muddy so its totally up to your if you love the way your guitar plays then definitely go ahead for a pup swap
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
stick a pair of bareknuckle nailbombs in that bad boy... will set you back £200 but sound off of them is just... wow, and i guarantee it ticks every box you need in sound terms.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
That depends, does the guitar sound good when you play it unplugged? And do you like the feel of the guitar? (neck shape/size, etc...) If not then you probably want to look into a new guitar. If all these things are good though, you can probably just change the pickups.

And as for your method of gigging, that doesn't really sound like a good idea to me. Sure your playing on good amps that are probably well out of your price range, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can just plug into an amp and have great tone in 5 minutes. The only way this would be possible is if you had already owned or played on (for several weeks) all the amps you use. I realize you probably have a tight budget, but we all do. I got a 120W Line 6 Spider II for only $150 though, you just have to shop around.
well i do have quite a high budget. since ill be getting my scholarship cash soon, which is a couple of thousand XD but im trying not to spend too much of it.

so i think i'll change the pickups as i really do like the feel of the guitar.

hey danjo, apart from not being able to afford the amps, i also do not drive, so there's a problem bringing my amp around for gigs. so yeah..

so guys, any suggestions for the pickups? according to the types of music i play which i listed above.

Thanks kinghenrik for suggesting the bareknuckle nailbomb, will check it out
My Current Gear:

Vox Tonelab ST
Drop a set of these in bro: http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfscrraourho4.html

GFS is renowned for being cheap yet dependable and they sound AMAZING! I know from personal experience. I know you're probably weary because of the price, I was too. But just do it. You won't regret it.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
+1 for bare knuckles
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
What venues are you playing at? I've seen one venue that provided a marshall cabinet, but thats it. If you get really lucky another guitarist might let you use their amp but I wouldn't count on it.. You could plug your tonelab directly into the PA though.
@im bored

yup, that's what i might do. but right now it's a question of pickups haha
My Current Gear:

Vox Tonelab ST
hey guys. i need more suggestions for pickups for arctic monkeys type of tones but one that would be able to handle metal also
My Current Gear:

Vox Tonelab ST
sd JB's ?
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
so far, i've gotten suggetions of

bareknuckle nailbombs(i like it for it's leady tone)
GFS
Seymour Duncan JBs for the bridge(sounds good for arctic monkeys)

i really need more suggestions from more experienced players for capabilities of sparkly clean and arctic monkeys dirty and even dirtier.
My Current Gear:

Vox Tonelab ST
Sounds like what you need is a P-90 then. GFS makes a humbucker sized one, or if you can spring the cash, I would even go for a Gibson P-94.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I'd go for a Nailbomb bridge and a Gibson P94 Neck

But there are a few humbucker sized P90s to check out...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB