Oscar-winning director Kevin Macdonald discusses his latest project, Life In A Day: a historic global experiment to create a user-generated documentary film shot in a single day.
On July 24, you have 24 hours to capture a glimpse of your life on camera. The most compelling and distinctive footage will be edited into an experimental documentary film, executive produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Kevin Macdonald

For more information, visit youtube.com/lifeinaday

Is anyone here taking part? I am, I think its a very intriguing social experiment.

If you are going to take part, what are you gonna record? Been thinking about doing something with my car.

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Jul 24, 2010,
I'm thinking about taking part, but I have no idea what to film... Maybe I'll just take my camera to some party I'm going to tonight, see what happens.
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
Orange Bass Terror 500 > Markbass 4x10
I'd have loved to take part, but I don't own a camera. Nor do I do anything in my day-to-day life worth putting into video. So I guess that's that.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by ChucklesMginty
YouTube just muted one of my videos and it didn't have copyrighted material in it. :L

Someone has to mute you
Quote by osXtiger
I cook children who are born out of wedlock on a spit.

CHICAGO BEARS - LA KINGS - USC - BURNLEY FC

GO KINGS!

‎'Senna não morreu, porque os deuses não morrem'

Bruno Senna
Just recorded my wheel on my car while I was driving.

Gonna do more later on. Might do an in-car video as well of me driving.

So they're gonna get millions of videos submitted, and they'll watch every single one and put the best bits together to make a film?
Quote by sam b
So they're gonna get millions of videos submitted, and they'll watch every single one and put the best bits together to make a film?

Pretty much yeah.

Should be interesting because no doubt it will need a plot of some kind. It cant just be a few thousand videos mashed together some how, otherwise that would be pretty boring.

Quote by sam b

Shit, I could do that. Me > Ridley Scott.
It's a cool idea. I won't be participating but I'll watch whatever they put out.

So I guess that's participating.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The director?

It's gonna be out in 2011, so he's got a while to look through them all.

Quote by breadstick
Apparently the filming day is already over.

It ends tonight in 6 hours. That is, if you live on GMT and you get a week to upload your videos.

I don't think they'd let me put up a vid of me bating
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
i wish i knew about it before hand
tooooo late.....
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
I only remembered this evening (it is now 11 30) after I went kayaking at a local beach and caught some epic waves and got wiped out a few times. I was kinda pissed cos that would have been good to put in a video, or play guitar for my baby cousin of 6 months. She loves when I play Fade to Black by Metallica, even if its not great
Life's shit
If I had a little spy cam I'd hide it in my work uniform and wear it at the wedding I'm serving at tonight. That would be interesting. Oh well.
I got some vid's of just random stuff I did around the house.

Made a cup of tea and stuff. Wish my camera did Frame Grabs, like take a picture every couple of seconds. I would of completely detailed my car from rinsing, washing, drying, clay,cleanse, polish,seal,and wax.

Always next time!

So do any of you think you made it in?

Last edited by apmaman at Jan 28, 2011,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
YouTube just muted one of my videos and it didn't have copyrighted material in it. :L

Well, your chuckles can be mighty loud at times. they probably muted you because of that.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger