Ok, so here's what I've got.

I'm looking for a Solid State amp (please, no suggestions of tubes or valve amps, I haven't got the money or patience to keep maintaining them) around 100 - 150 Watts for a resonable priece, up to around £400.

The 3 things I've found are..

White Horse GT260 (probably shit but it's only £230, so quite cheap)

Crate FW120

or a second hand Line 6 Flextone III

Any suggestions on better ones within that budget or if you think any of those 3 choices are worth it?

My favourite one out of them is probably the Line 6, but it'll be hard to find one seeing as they're out of production.

Thanks guys =D

PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I heard the Flextone is pretty good, the White Horse is shit and havn't tried the Crate.
Crate out of those, but If you want a head + cabs, Randall. If just a little combo, get a Roland Cube. You could try the Line6, though remember you will get no customer support at all from them, and many times they have some sort of build problem. But if you get a used one, it'll probably be ok.
Yeah, I'm only 17 so I don't really want a tube amp just yet, I don't really see the point untill my band has actually gotten somewhere.

We paly mostly progressive metal sorta things, alternative and stuff.
Coheed and Cambria, Alter Bridge, Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine. We're kinda like them 4 mixed into one band =]

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
Yeah, I'm only 17 so I don't really want a tube amp just yet, I don't really see the point untill my band has actually gotten somewhere.

We paly mostly progressive metal sorta things, alternative and stuff.
Coheed and Cambria, Alter Bridge, Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine. We're kinda like them 4 mixed into one band =]

I can see where you are coming from. To get a good tube amp for something like progressive metal you're gonna have to spend a bit of cash to be happy. There are some good solid state amps out there despite what people think. The 3 amps I named earlier are some of the best SS amps ever made. If you shop around, you'll find one that fits your needs. Take note though, in my opinion the best SS amps are no longer in production, so you may want to consider used.
I googled the GK ML250, and I gotta say, I'm impressed by it alot =]
Problem is, I'm guessing it's gonna be very hard to find one?

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
I googled the GK ML250, and I gotta say, I'm impressed by it alot =]
Problem is, I'm guessing it's gonna be very hard to find one?

Here's one on E-bay - http://cgi.ebay.com/Gallien-Krueger-250ml-Series-2-Combo-Vintage-Ampilfier-/290455888144?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a0852110

I saw one at another site go for $150 about a month ago. If your into the band Death, you might be interested to know Chuck Schuldiner used one of these amps.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Jul 24, 2010,